Chapter-60

"Prince, what happened? You don't seem happy." Ashok asked Yuvan, seeing him being bothered after the meeting with the culprit.

"Ashok, I feel something fishy. "

"How? Even though the information is given by cobras, he is involved in..."

"Wait, Yuvan interrupted. Repeat it."

"Even though the information is given by cobras but.."

"Yes. There it is." His face suddenly glowed as he found what was fishy in between but suddenly lost its glow.

"Yuvan, what happened?"

"Ashoka think, even though the information is given by cobras; Just think who is that man"

"Guard of the noble who recently died and was involved in the rebellion."

"Yes! This case has direct involvement of Serpent Queen and can be considered as her first direct involvement. Do you think she broke her rules just to catch a noble and a guard? Impossible."

"It makes sense." Ashok nodded thinking 'Commander you got an opponent who can walk with you hand in hand. This time it is going to be interesting.'

"Ashok, what are you thinking?"

"I just.."

"Bruddah.. we arrived." That was an unexpected voice at that time. They turned around and saw them standing on the threshold. Yuvan was totally taken by that surprise that he rushed towards them pushing Ashok standing in between.

"You guys.. arrived..."

"Bruddah, the task was finished far earlier than expected. So after a short break we travelled back."

"Task??" Apeksha was puzzled and shocked at that reply.

"I mean the task of dropping Alok." He quickly covered the line.

As the dawn broke with their arrival, he asked the maids to serve breakfast.

"You seem tired lord, what happened?" She asked him after noticing his dark circles.

"We were busy settling a case and don't call me lord, just Yuvi is enough."

Ashok felt disgusted at that line, ' Crown prince don't push it. You should be blessed for hearing 'Lord' from our commander; even our crowned prince doesn't get that fortune.'

After their breakfast they washed up and went to court. Before leaving, Ashok reported with a piece of paper.

'Deva returned, informed the prince, today guard'.

After their work in court they all left for their secret base in the evening. Yuvan discussed his doubts and the possible reasons with them. Suddenly a soldier barged in

"Lord, bad news. The guard was found dead in the jail."

"What??" They all were startled as they didn't expect this even though they calculated that cobras were planning something. They paced to jail still in shock. When they reached, they saw a white lily placed near his cold corpse and some papers rolled in white ribbon.

Ashok and Charan turned to the soldiers and guards present in fury, "What the f**** were you doing? Huh?? They simply barged in and killed a person in the presence of the great imperial guards. Wow!!" Abhik was still struck by the fact that their only clue was lost just like that, while Yuvan was silent. Suddenly Abhik looked like he was enlightened,

"Huh! I got it. Bruddah!" His strange behavior broke Yuvan's silent face while others looked at him, "what??"

"This murder is done by cobras."

"Huh? Seriously Abhik, that is your big discovery??"

"No, I mean Charan don't you remember what di told us yesterday" he looked at Abhik.

"What did Apu say?" Yuvan perplexed.

"Bruddah, yesterday di told us that in the terms of punishment of serpents, death is the lightest one. So he is the.."

"lightest sinner in this case." Charan filled his line.