Chapter-109

The maids were dressing her for the festival and it seemed to be a very big one with such decoration and preparations. They dressed her in a studding red gown. It was as red as a fresh rose. Her hair was dressed with a veil attached. It had stunning jewels fitted on. The room was full of giggles. As she was almost ready, she heard some footsteps heading towards her amidst the fits. It was exactly 11 persons towards her and most probably women, Amanya calculated from their steps. People around her were suddenly silent and moved apart. A fine lady walked into the room. She had a golden tray in her hand with a few more maids accompanying her. The tray was covered with red silk. The maids bowed before her, addressing her as princess. Amanya looked at her, the only princess of Amai.

"So you are the beautiful lady who made my grim brother gooey. I am Atri, your new sister." She is as sweet as the reports say, Amanya thought.

Atri removed the silk from the tray and it had a crown. It was as splendid as it looked like it contained half of Amai's wealth. It was studded with pearls and rubies. Atri moved forward and crowned her. She then handed a mirror to her. The candle light inside the room reflected on the dress. Looking at her reflection, Amanya understood the festival. A sudden chill ran through her spine. She blushed more than the rubies. Atri led her outside the room. The path was covered with rose petals and red lanterns were placed on the beam. Two maids walked ahead of her with candles. Atri took Amanya and they walked through the corridor to the room. Abhik and Ashok were present before the room door. She went inside while they closed the door from outside.

"Di.. Now we will decide whether bruddah should be allowed in or not." Abhik screamed from outside.

Amanya was not listening to him. The room was silent to the point that she could hear her heart.

"I had been a commander for my whole life.

Conquered many, leader of many but still; I haven't been this clueless.

Judged many, questioned by many but still haven't been this tense.

I... I... why am I blushing.

I am here... waiting for my husband!!

I.." A loud horse neigh broke the silence. Its him. The groom is here to pick his bride.