Chapter-134

The way through the woods was damp as it rained for the last few days. As she walked about halfway, it slowly started to rain. She stood under a tree casting a shield from falling water drops. The raindrops were dripping through the canopy and slowly slipping above the shield into the land. The recent developments in the country and the sudden war seemed odd to her. The rain was getting stronger.

A sudden hunch made her observe. She suddenly placed both her hands on the ground. A strong horror overwhelmed her eyes. She looked straight and galloped in the rain. Her spells couldn't keep up with her pace. The soldiers were in armor, assembled before their base. She didn't stop and dashed into his tent. He was in his armor, alone ready for the battle. She stood before him, drenched, breathing heavily disquiet;

"Why this war??"

He darted towards her, inspecting her soaked state and giving her a towel.

"They have advanced for early war." He took the towel from her hands and dried her wet hair.

"I was waiting for you," Vakul said caressing her hair.

"What happened?"

"I wanted to tell you this for a long, I thought a lot; about how to say how you will answer, I rehearsed it many times and finally I have enough courage to confess it face to face.

I know you are from a strict sect and you have many rules. I understand you and I decided to tell you, he clasped her cold hands softly;

Kriti... I don't want you to go back. Can you stay with me for the rest of our life as the lady of Serpent bureau, as my duchess?

She stood still, looking into his eyes. His words echoed in her head. There was a sudden silence in the tent. The only sound was her galloping heart.

"I... " She was suddenly stopped by him;

"Don't answer me now. Wait for me... " He walked towards the door; "Wait for my victory and I will come to you, for your answer." He walked but suddenly turned and hugged her. He hugged her hard and clenched her hands. He was silent and looked at his sword. He took his sword and left with the army waiting for him outside.