Chapter-144

"Amanya... Apeksha..." His legs were shaking. Was it because of the poison or her name, he was not sure. The day from Sayyonee to the last feast flashed in his mind. His face was sad,

"was it all a plan?" The undercover legacies of Amanya ringed his ears.

"Whatever she planned was her responsibility just like you planned beside her as Yuvraj. But.. meeting you and falling for you were pure accidents." Ashok answered his whispers.

"Accidents??!!" His red eyes stared at them in umbrage.

"For you, she left her country, her crown, her privileges' of a queen; but... you let her down.

She trusted you, to be with you she was silent about Amai's injustices. Every day was a thin ice. She walked on it just to live with you."

"You let her down..." Dhruva roared.

Jiva stared at Yuvan, "On that day, when you barged into my kingdom; I just asked you one thing and it was her happiness. You promised me; then where is she??" his eyes were red.

"You can't even protect your wife from these hypocrites, how dare you call yourself the crown prince and pledge to protect the kingdom?" Jatin bashed him.

"Yesterday was not a threat or warning, but a message that you can't keep your promise both for her and the kingdom," Ashok said grimly.

Jiva suddenly lost his cool and pulled his collar, pushing Yuvan to the ground.

"Stop... This is Amai." The king roared.

Naman pulled his sword and pointed at the king, "Naresh... don't bark. We are not yet done."

"You pushed her to choose and she chose her dignity."

"What .."

"She left Amai with the highest respect she could offer to the serpent Queen. She chose the easiest way to end this." Jiva took her mask full of blood and threw it near him. The blood had all the answers.

"No... No... What are you saying..." Yuvan felt dumb. He was silent, his eyes wide opened and he stared at the mask. He slowly took it. Her dark blood stained his fingers. He was still silent. He slowly caressed it. His hot tears touched the mask making the dried blood back to life. He kissed it and cried out loudly.

His cries were hushed by Jiva;

"Amai... listen, this is just the beginning. Now the entire Mekong will witness Hiranga's madness. We promised her, we won't harm Amai but we never promised about others. All the envoys, listen carefully, from today Amai is Hiranga's only enemy. Whoever helps Amai will face our wrath. We will fight with our entire might to wipe out that kingdom. I want Amai to be alone and cornered. I want every Amaian to feel the sadness she felt in her last minutes.

Yuvan, I won't let you die. I want you to live all your life waiting for her forgiveness. That's your punishment. "

Ashok turned to Mekala, " Commander asked me to spare you... So I will let you live alone for your whole life. If anyone marries you, even if it's an Amaian, I will kill him. If you have any doubt then, I killed your maid as a warning for you." He smiled like a demon.

"No... It's not true... She promised me that she will wait... She knew... You...

Please take me to her... please..." He begged.

"No... Never. In this life, you will never meet her again, not even her grave. You are not qualified." Jiva yelled.