Chapter-79

Ashok galloped through the woods of Amai. His heart beats were much louder than the footsteps of the cantering beast. The just received news of Yuvan's decision made him think the worst.

'Did he catch his commander?? To think of his commander's real identity is nearly impossible but he still couldn't exclude the fact of his brilliance. If yes, the most suitable answer for her identity is his lord being a spy which is more dangerous.' He nodded, calming his mind. The recent events regarding the strange reaction from the crowned prince and his father puzzled him.

Ashok crazily rode through the streets and woods searching for him to clear his mind. He raided the court, their secret base and the main offices. His last hope was the river that flows from the unknown cities connecting Dashur and ending at Sayonee.

He halted at the banks of the river, sighting Yuvan enjoying the brook. He walked towards him in a mess.

"Prince!!"

"What happened? Even you are surprised by my decision?"

"It depends on the decision lord." Ashok continued with hiding the real reason of his worries in his voice. "Lord, do you believe her? What if she is a spy?"

His question was followed by a blink of silence.

"I don't care.." He looked straight in his eyes and stood up.

"Yuvan what do you mean??"

"When I closed my eyes, the only sight flashing was her scared face. I am the crowned prince of Amai and I can't even protect my girl? I only thought of a way of binding her with me. I don't know the results nor the consequences and nor do I care either.

She is my biggest priority!"

The determination and rigidness of his last line left Ashok speechless. He couldn't think of the day which he fears. He nodded, still sweating.

"Then prince, what about the murder?"

"I am waiting for her real hunt. I will make her pay for all the deeds of her serpents and her last mistake.

She touched my girl.

If I am the next emperor of Great Amai then she hurted its empress..."

After some time, they parted their ways. It was nearly sunset. Ashok returned to his mansion. Deva was waiting for him. His unusual presence was itself proof of the bad news.

"Deva, what happened?"

"Letter from Chief."

"Father??"

"Yes, he asked to open it with you and keep the matter between us."

"What is happening in our section? Why are there a lot of secret missions all of a sudden? Commander has visited here even before."

"But, Yuvan was not here."

"Leave it. open the letter." The roll stated, PROTECT YUVAN AT ANY COST. IT MATTERS.