Chapter-99

"Huh??"

"Apeksha is the granddaughter of the late emperor's sister. Her father is a duke and an important official. His majesty's friend. The two are her brothers and sub general in Serpents."

The information from Shankar was out of the blue. They knew her father was an official but a duke; it was not easy to handle. The intervening relations forming with Hiranga, was it a good sign or not? they couldn't decide. They decided to sort out everything by today.

Abhik and Charan walked in and met their prince glancing at di in a mixed daze and amusement. From his posture, they could easily deduce, the veil over their identities had fallen off.

They ambled near him. A weird silence was abutting them. All were acquaintances yet standing like a stranger. The more hurting thing was their di looking at them. Her eyes had no emotions. If she was angry or disappointed they could have coaxed her but she was sitting like a lifeless doll.

"So, the honored crown prince of Amai, what do you want from Hiranga?" Dhruv asked, grabbing her hand as if he was announcing his authority over her.

"I want my wife back." Yuvan said in a stern and resolute voice declaring his sovereignty.

"If I am not wrong, she was a wife just in name. Why bother? You should care about your throne more." Dhruva's voice was rather mocking this time.

Yuvan was silent. He was paying no attention to Dhruva or any other present. He was simply looking at Amanya, looking for answers in her eyes.

"Why??" Amanya mumbled looking at him with her teary eyes.

Yuvan kneeled and grabbed her, his hands shaking, a question he was expecting for ages from her, why her?

"Because I am fated to share my every joy, every down, every moment of my every life with you."

"Yes, let me correct. I am here for the crowned princess of Amai." He answered Dhruva's question.

A series of laughter followed his coarse declaration. He was clueless at the present. Even Amanya was looking at her brother who was completely supporting with their cooked up stories.

"We just wanted to know your sincerity. If you can confess your love in Hiranga, then we are sure you won't disappoint her." Dhruva came forward and patted his shoulders. "I am Arjun and He is Nakul, '' he pointed at Jatin; '' She is our only sister. "

Jiva came forward and offered them a seat.

"We know our Apu; she would rather be a mayfly than a caged phoenix. So we just want one promise; We are trusting you; If you ever make her sad, then the whole Amai will know what is Serpents." He took a deep breath and continued,

"In Hiranga, we have one soulmate for a life. We know it's not the case of Amai. So..."

Yuvan kneeled before her, "You will be my soulmate for eternities. I promise."