Chapter-86

Ashok laid the unknown lady on the floor. He was shocked at her guts and stared at the lifeless body. The crowd outside tried to rush in and it was chaos outside. Yuvan ordered the crowd to clear and went to his room. Ashok took the corpse to his lab. Yuvan was at his desk, disturbed.

"Lord, what happened? About the lady?"

"I don't believe her completely."

"Why bruddah?"

"Dhawan is a famous detective. Do you think for a mere girl, she can trap him with such conclusive evidence easily?"

"Actually during the entire session, Dhawan was astonished rather than frightened." Ashok walked in.

"You too think so"

"Yes lord, During the entire session, I felt something fishy. I think we should interrogate him before the execution"

"Bruddah, if you were sure then why he was sent to jail."

"The crowd." Yuvan answered.

"Now, she is dead." Abhik scratched his head.

"Let's go; to the interrogation room." Yuvan walked out heading to the jail.

The doors of the dungeon were wide open. All the guards were missing. They rushed in with their swords in hand. They reached his cell to see an empty cell with a white lily ribboned in lilac.

"Amanya!!" Yuvan throwed his sword in the cell in anger.

All the guards were piled up beside the cell. Ashok darted towards them and checked their pulse.

"They are drugged."

"No!!" Ashok sprinted out. They followed him with the same pace and the destination was his lab. Ashok stopped at the threshold like a stone.

"We are fooled; very badly."

Yuvan passed him and was stupefied with anger. "this.." he pointed at the desolate bed where she was placed.

"Where is the corpse?" Yuvan roared at them.

"There was no corpse from the beginning."

"What do you mean?"

"A drug used by serpents that lowers your pulse similar to a dead person for a short period just like hibernation of serpents."

"But why go through all these hardships? They can simply kill him just like they did?" Charan pondered.

Yuvan walked out ," Lets go, I think I got the answer." They followed him to the mansion without knowing the reason.

"Apeksha... Apeksha..." He called her in a loud voice. That was the first time her name was called. They were clueless about the situation.

She walked out, "What happened lord?"

"Do you know about a drug used by serpents that lowers your pulse similar to a dead person for a short period just like hibernation of serpents."

"Yes, why?"

"Tell me about it."

"I.. just know only the details you mentioned."

"Do you know Dhawan?"

"Yes.. Where is he? He is the one who investigated Sayyonee arson. I want his reasons.. Where is he??"

"Sayyonee," Yuvan said in a harsh voice.

"Huh??"

"The missing link."