Chapter-89

It's midnight by now. Yuvan got a straw to hold and he stormed to find Virat with his horse. Ashok stayed back. From serpents nature, it was already clear that Virat had been sent to accompany Dhawan. She felt pity for Yuvan and his hoax hopes.

Ashok bowed elaborately according to the customs of Hiranga, "Your servant bows in respect to the commander. Reporting... we have only one target remaining. Lord, what is your plan for him?"

Her face was still sunless.

"Lord... We got the information. He is on his way to Dashur. Do we have to pick him on the way?"

"No. Let him walk to me. I have my plans.." She paused the conversation and walked towards her room. At the threshold, Ashok stopped her, "Apu, after settling the scores, do you have any plan?"

She looked at him with puzzled yet determined eyes. It felt like she was coming to her own conclusions. She closed the doors without answering.

"Whatever your choice is, we will support you till the end. Apu... He is good.." , even through the opaque walls, he could still feel her smile.

Yuvan and his battalion stormed to the north of Dashur in search of Virat. It was already past midnight. The entire streets were asleep. He assailed to his mansion, only to see a deserted villa. Feeling something vice in the air he dashed at the magistrates office. The guards blocked him but the uniform of imperial soldiers made the way. He walked to the main office, his robes flying in the cold wind clenched the atmosphere. The commotion at the office brought the officials within minutes. They arrived as vexed but kneed before him as they saw his 'crowned prince's token' on his hand.

"Where is Lord Virat?"

"Lord, two days back, he pleaded guilty of corruption by himself and was arrested."

"What! He pleaded guilty by himself?"

"Yes lord, that was really a shock. Without any investigation or pressure or any incidents, he pleaded guilty and submitted all his assets to the government."

"Where is he?"

"He was exiled and his family went to their hometown."

"Why didn't you jail him?"

"Lord, you know he pleaded guilty and his offence was corruption. So by law he was deprived of his titles and exiled."

"Ok. Keep today's matter confidential."

Yuvan rode his horse and stopped at a barren land. Charan walked towards him while other soldiers patiently waited for his orders.

"Lord. We will get him back."

Yuvan patted his shoulders with a smirk. "Charan, you still didn't get it?"

"Lord??"

"In this second set of victims, Virat was their first target..."