Chapter-78

The first sight that struck her cornea along with the morning rays was him. He was sitting beside her in the bed, asleep. She looked around and slowly crawled back without waking him up. She could tell from his sleeping posture, he was awake for the whole night. She walked out, with a burden in heart. She knew, as the commander of the enemy country, she had her own reasons to earn hatred.

She heard some noise from every side and walked towards the hall. The entire mansion was bustling with busy maids. They were rushing with a feel of preparing for a festival.

"Di.." Abhi walked towards her in excitement.

"Di, are you ok?"

"I am fine. Am really sorry, I have startled you." She really felt bad for hurting these innocent souls.

Abhik: "you should have seen bruddah's face yesterday. In my whole life, I have never seen him so furious."

"Lady, are you fine?" Charan joined them.

"I am good." She nodded looking around.

Seeing her curiosity, Abhik told "Di, seeing that you were badly traumatised, bruddah ordered us to make a feast for you to make you happy and that too in Hirangan cuisine. Seeing our maids roaming around in tense, it feels like your cuisine is a bit hard to crack."

"Maybe.", a chain of laughter followed.

As they were chatting, Yuvan arrived at the scene and held her hand with his little finger.

They went to enjoy the meal. She could see how he worked hard to make her happy. All the dishes were from hirangan cuisine profound in the capital and served in the palace. To get such ample dishes in a short time and that too in Amai, she looked in his eyes, her eyes twinkling in thankfulness. The first bite made her experience his care while for the second, a tint of guilt filled in her. She took a pause and the third one in her mouth made her homesick. She suddenly missed everything she was used with. Mostly her armor. She found herself in a hilarious state where she had to be terrified from her own act. He noticed her turning blue in a trice.

"Come with me..." He held her hand in the thatch in the midst of the garden and dragged her with him towards the room and asked them to follow.

he made an announcement in the presence of them still clutching her hand.

"I have made a single handed decision. From today, Apu will be part of this investigation. She will be working with us."

"Ahh??!!" She was just stunned by his words. He walked away patting on her shoulders and leaving her astonished. She looked at them and they were standing without any comments. As a Hirangan with dubious background, they should suspect her, at least should avoid her from the investigation. Instead he attached her to the investigation and his soldiers are supporting it! They looked at her without any shock as if they encountered some contiguous face paralysis. Seeing her still in shock, Abhik stood before her in a serious look;

"Di.. buckle your belt. You have not yet explored him. A big surprise is waiting for you.."