Chapter-85

DUM.. DUM.. DUM.. DUM.. DUM.. DUM..

The street of Dashur was awakened in the early morning by the wild drum beats. People surrounded the court entrance within minutes. The beating was as intense as it could tear down the membrane of the drum in its each strike. Yuvan and Charan rushed to the commotion outside. A girl was standing outside beating the drums with all her might. She stopped upon their arrival and looked at them. The girl was probably in her early twenties, her body full of wounds and dress torn with blood stains in those cuts. Her hair was messy and waving in the wind.

"I want justice!!" She tapped the drum, squeezing the last drop of energy left in her body.

The crowd increased before the door. Time passed and everything was silent inside the court. Some soldiers were going in and out of the court. Almost after two hours, a man was taken inside with handcuffs. He was taken by force and was a familiar face in Dashur. The doors were wide open after his arrival. They could see her sitting before Yuvan with weeping eyes. The footsteps, she turned back and barged at him with a roar. She choked him with all her might for a second as the guards used force. Her energy for that moment was as if she was preparing for that moment; for ages.

The man before him seemed familiar, Yuvan racked his brain. The constable came forward and read the charges,

" The victim before the law has accused Mr. Dhawan of rape charges."

Dhawan, Yuvan remembered. He was a suspect in the Sayyonee arson and thus familiar. In his investigation even though there was no evidence, he was suspected to be the mastermind in action.

"No.. This is clear defaming. I don't even know this girl. If she insists, then present the evidence."

"I have.." She stood and gave them a piece of cloth. "I tore this when he was ... She blasted into tears.

"You b***. I didn't. Lord she is lying."

"Is this yours?"

"Yes, it's mine but a small piece of cloth doesn't prove anything."

"Do you have any other evidence to prove his guilt?"

"Yes. I scratched his back with all might before fainting."

"Check his back."

"Lord.. this" The guards untied his robes one by one despite his firm resistance. He had scratches all over his body which was further proved by Ashok to be caused by human nails.

"Lord, let me explain. This is a clear trap. A big trap."

Yuvan stayed firm with the judgement, "Guards arrest him."

"No... Lord you are making a mistake...no.. a big mistake... Hey, b*** I am going to kill you...."

The crowd clapped at his fall and deserved justice with joy.

The girl stood and bowed, "Lord, thankyou. This was the justice Dashur waited for years. Now I have no other goals remaining." She smiled and fainted at the spot. Ashok rushed towards her, her nose and mouth bleeding. He grabbed her hands to check the pulse and dropped it in shock,

"dead!"