Chapter-48

A big crowd was surrounding the mansion when they reached the scene. They entered the mansion with their noses covered with masks as they could smell the pungent smell of blood everywhere inside the mansion. It was an uninhabited one for years.

"Lord, this is the court magistrate of Dashur. He was missing from last night."

Yuvan's face darkened out of anger. He tightened his fist, while asking Charan to clear the area. The corpse was lying on the ground facing the roof with his face and lips swollen. He looked like a white ghost with a very pale face. Yuvan asked them to move the body for post mortem.

When they moved the body, a white rose fell from his robe which had petals dipped in blood. Yuvan's eyes bulged due to shock. Abhik hurried and picked it, "bruddah, this...??"

"Did anyone touch or change the body or any things present?" his anger echoed in the ruins.

"Replying to my lord, the crime scene is well preserved as it is an uninhabited mansion."

"Uninhabited? then how did you find this body?"

"Lord, the witness of this scene had got a letter with some money in it asking him to come over here to pick some errands. As he came near he smelled something fishy and barged inside. Then.."

"That letter.."

Inspector of that area handed that letter to him. He read that letter and found something inside the envelope. His hands searched inside and a state of helplessness filled his face.

"bruddah.. what happened?" Abhik asked him in stress. Yuvan handed over the envelope. Abhik took it and searched it. His hands reaped some white rose petals inside the cover.

"What are you up to??" Yuvan roared, staring at the ceiling.

"Lord, the entire area is checked, nothing wrong other than these blood spilled over everywhere."

"Ok then, inspector lock the entire mansion and place some guards. Others split up and go to the market and places nearby. Collect maximum evidence and report it within tomorrow morning. Go.."

Alok and Charan accompanied Yuvan to the magistrate mansion from where he was abducted.

"Lord, cobras?"

"What are they doing? I can't get it. "

"Bruddah, but killing a magistrate in such a cruel way; Are they humans!! I doubt it."

They reached his mansion and saw them preparing for funeral. The whole mansion was coated in white shawls and incense sticks. Their condolences were recorded and they went inside his room for further investigation. He asked the inspector to question the family members as they are more familiar with him. The room was suspiciously tidied and didn't have any sign of forceful abduction. The inspector returned and reported the room was like this after his missing and none messed up the scene.

'If cobras are the one behind, then the clue for next is... yes!' Yuvan thought of it suddenly, " the envelope, give it fast." He took it from Abhik and slowly opened it from where it was stuck. They all were awestricken, as he expected the envelope had a message for them

'WHEN THE WALLS FALL,

THE TRUTH WILL BEFALL.'

"Bruddah, what does it mean?"

He thought for a while, " there is a secret path beneath the wall. search!" They started searching all the sides of walls, while Abhik tried his luck by moving the lamps and pots in the room. This time destiny was with him. While turning a book, a wall moved and a new path before them opened. They were happy to the core and excited as they were getting near the truth. They went inside. A very pungent smell filled in the air. As they walked, they saw two bodies lying holding white roses. He asked the inspector and Charan to move the body to the coroner's hall. Abhik followed Yuvan and they reached the main hall of the hidden chamber. They were terrified at the sight.