Chapter-51

Charan was not in his full form and was lost in his thoughts. After a while he suddenly had a conclusion, "Lord, I firmly believe that there is a cobra among us. They are not gods so how can they predict everything before hand."

"Charan, you still don't believe Apu di??"

"No Abhi, I am just stating a possibility." After listening to them, Yuvan was silent but then realized this conversation is not going to end and if she overhears it then it won't be good. So he decided to meddle in.

"Stop!!, he stood from his chair and walked towards them, "Charan, do you believe in yourself?" That question left Charan speechless for a while and he slowly nodded. He continued, "Then believe in your master and his choice." In the midst of their conversation, they heard a knock over the door; " It's me, Apeksha." That was unexpected and Abhik opened the door for him. She entered and realized the room had a dense aura.

"Sorry to disturb you. I bought some tea for you guys. I think... I should leave now."

"Di... wait", Abhik closed the door all of a sudden and went to his di,

"Di... I am your brother right?" She looked at him with surprise and nodded with a smile, Yes , what happened that made you ask this? He continued, "then di, can you tell me about yourself, everything so that I can clear some doubts."

"Doubts!! what doubt?"

"Are you a cobra?"

"Huh??" Even though she knew they would not trust her, she never expected him to ask it openly. Even Yuvan and Charan were shocked at his sudden question.

"Cobra??" She looked at him in bafflement.

"Yes di, I am asking you are you a cobra sent by the serpents to spy on us" That was raw, she thought but liked his sincerity.

"I am not a cobra nor a python." She denied in a hurry, 'I am not a cobra nor a python since I am the serpent queen, mother of cobra and python', she thought.

"Di, I believe you but I only know your name and your profession, nothing else. So.." She knew where he was trying to lead the conversation.

"Ok then, I will introduce myself." That being said, Yuvan sat beside her and gestured to her to start.

"I am Apeksha and I am a professional dancer. My father is an official and I have 3 brothers."

"Di.. your father is an official?"

"Yes but why are you surprised?"

"You are a.."

"dancer? Abhi, you thought since I am dancer, then I can't be a noble"

"No...di actually.."

"It's fine. I know, in Amai there is a conception that dancers are not from a well to do family. But in Hiranga, our profession has nothing to do with our family. It simply depends on our passion and talent."

"Then di.. your mother.."

"She is no more."

"Sorry di. I don't know"

"It's fine. I was a child then, so I don't really have an impression of my mother. My brothers looked after me."

"Then your brothers?? are they also official?"

"No. Even though I am not a cobra, I do have connections with them."

"Huh!!"

"My brothers. My second brother is a python sub general while my third brother is a cobra sub general."

"Huh??!!" Yuvan's shock resonated in the room.

"Di... so your brother is a sub general and works for her"

"Yes, of course."

"Wait.. bruddah, all this while you were simply listening and calm but why are you so shocked that you literally shocked me"

"She told me about her family before except her brother's profession."

"Then di, do they know that you are married?"

"I think, no. If they had known, I wouldn't be here simply standing and talking with you."

"What will they do?" Yuvan suddenly panicked.

"What else, they will abduct me."

"No way. How can they simply abduct you from us just because they are serpents. No way. I won't allow it." Yuvan's face was red like a tomato.

"It's true that Hiranga has always supported individual freedom and as an individual I have the complete right to choose my future. But.. if they find that it's fake, then no one can save me."

"I will save you. What if it is real and not fake?"