Chapter-131

The crowd was dispersed but the bureau was filled with their whispers. He took her to the office with a composed attitude, a glib sham he tried to keep before her.

"You were.."

"Did you just remember my lord??" The words from Nilan were pugnacious and proof of his disapproval.

"No... Where were you for one year?" asked Vakul calming the tense situation Nilan was slowly stirring.

"I went back to seek permission from my martial sect. It took a year."

"Where is this sect that took this long to give permission and mysterious that even the serpents failed to locate you."

She slowly walked towards Nilan, her calmness was the confirmation of her claim. "I understand; one year has disappointed you and your master. You can ask me the questions you have."

"We know nothing about you; not even your name," Vakul replied.

She started with a smile, "Krithika. I practice martial arts in the water sect."

"Water sect??"

"We live in seclusion in the faraway mountains and practice to attain spirituality. We are not allowed to go out. It was me who was mischievous and escaped to explore this world. I was detained and after much effort sect leader allowed me to go out for 3 years."

"Detained?? Did they harm you?"

"No. Our sect believes in pacifism. They just locked me as punishment."

Nilan looked convinced, though he didn't convey his apology directly.

Ahaan and Aydin walked in to meet Kritika. They were scared of the state of the water palace by now. The silence instead panicked them. They rushed inside only to meet Aras sunk deep in thoughts.

"Aras..." called Ahaan.

"Where is Kriti? Is she fine??"

"She went to the mortal world."

"Oh; that's good." reposed Aydin.

"No... It's not." Aras barged at his consolation.

"What happened?"

"Just now, she dropped in and then went back to the mortal world.." His breath was short.

"So what?? It is not her first time going."

He took a deep breath and looked at them; "She asked me for a favor."

"Favor?"

"To visit the mortal world unwatched for three days.

and...

and she exchanged it with her anger."

"Huh!!"

"Kriti is known for her stubbornness. I am scared; what in the mortal world made her leave her anger." He was afraid of his reasons.

"Where is Kriti??" A sudden intense sound shook them. It was Alun.

"What is she doing, Aras?"

"Father, I will manage this mess."

"Lord.. what is my posting?" Kriti followed the way of Nilan in addressing her new master.

"Lord?!" He smiled at her sudden way of acknowledgment.

"Be the adviser of Serpent bureau. And for the people other than us, stay as my new bodyguard."

"Bodyguard?"

"Nilan is known as my right hand. I want you to be my other hand."