Chapter-69

As they were about to set off, she heard a wild growling and she looked around. She got up agazing at him and smiled lightly, " Lord, I am hungry now. Let's drop the plan for a walk."

He understood her reasons and suddenly tried to tackle it, "It's fine."

She smiled and continued, "Then let us do this; on the next rain, I promise I won't be hungry."

The downpour ended within the next morning. The dawn broke with a pleasant smell of earth after the first rain. She woke up early and was practicing her ribbon dance. She moved the ribbon wrapped around her hand like a music wave hitting the branches with the tint of dew drops left around her resulting in a subtle flower rain. Amidst it; she swung in a spiral and ended in a goddess posture. As Yuvan was preparing to leave, Ashok rushed in.

"Yuvraj, It's done." He bowed and submitted a scroll. Abhik and Charan covered Yuvan as he was reviewing the scroll in the threshold itself. By that time, Ashok sent the secret message, 'Devi everything ready, waiting for your order.' She blinked her eyes in a particular order meaning 'permitted'.

After a rain check, they went to the court. Yuvan dealt with the daily cases as he was the court official, the one with sway. Parallelly he arranged Charan and Ashok to check for the persons in the list and rule out the options. At night, they gathered in the old mansion. Yuvan was waiting for the results.

"Lord.." They arrived and bowed before their crowned prince. "We have started it and it seems to be a success."

"Seems to be?" Abhik looked at them in wonder.

"The list is too long. It seems like almost one third of the entire Amai have offended a serpent according to the description."

"This time we have to win. It's a matter of the pride of Amai." Yuvan grinded his teeth in ambivalence.

'you won't; Ashok smirked in heart and looked at him densely. You won't since this time justice is being served.'

Yuvan looked at the poem again and again but all the time, he thought it was the same for everyone.

A guard rushed in; "Lord.. Something big happened in court.