Chapter-142

Thick fumes covered the capital. Cries for help spiraled from every direction. Soldiers and people filled the streets trying to blow out the fire. But the fire spread out faster and was multiplying its reach on all sides. Within time, the entire farming of the Amaian capital was burning. They rushed to the nearby fields and joined them trying to bring down the fire.

"Lord, it was set manually. We smell the oil." Charan reported.

People were crying loud in their burnt fields. They lost their hard work before their naked eyes.

"Lord!! " Some soldiers rushed towards them in fright.

"Lord, the shops are on fire. "

"What??" They couldn't even get time to understand the situation they are in. They hurried with the soldiers. People were running frantically and the streets were in complete chaos. The entire capital was on fire. Soldiers assembled large water pipes and sprayed them. By night they were able to bring down the fire but it exhausted the capital totally. They were afraid to leave the place and thus were stationed on the streets.

"Bruddah, I just got information from all provinces. No casualties were reported."

"But how? If there is arson there should be unless all were saved but at that time we were short handed."

"I think before setting fire they ensured people's safety. But what does Hiranga want?" Yuvan listened to all their opinion.

"Ahhhh!!!! Ahhhh !!!!" Loud cries were heard from different parts of the state. They followed the direction of the scream.

"Prince, we just asked the people. They saw black-cloaked men flying over the houses."

"Huh??"

"Yes Lord, cobra!"

"Bruddah, look" Abhik pointed to the dark sky.

A huge white lantern was rising in the sky. It had a large bag-like structure attached to it. Soon countless lanterns joined the sky. It was as if the sky suddenly got painted white.

"What's this??" They looked at each other. As they were looking at the lantern with extreme curiosity and cluelessness, all the lanterns started bursting. White and red rose petals rained from it. They were no more listless. Those petals descended as threats all over Amai.

"Charan... Abhik... check the envoys' security and tighten the security all over the palace and city gates. I am afraid they are aiming at the envoys and the Mekong pact."

Leaving them, Yuvan slowly rode towards the palace. His mind is an ocean now, too deep with trenches and violent waves. He had not yet proved her innocence and she is missing. He is afraid of facing her. Ashok is missing and cobras are getting violent in Amai with the involvement of Jiva.

Amai is in danger and all around him those who are dear to him are in threat.

When he stood at the grand steps of the palace, The upper rim of the red sun slowly touched the horizon of the dark sky. His face was covered with its cardinal.

"It is the last day; my last chance." hot tears rolled from his dull eyes and kissed his pale lips.