Chapter-127

She stood still. Demons won't dare to point a mere human sword at her. The sword was still and its owner was a determined hand. She remained calm and slowly turned. The man wore a royal dress and was in armor. He snatched the pendant from her hand and examined it carefully;

"Take her to the Serpent bureau." He walked back and his subordinates handcuffed her.

"Heyy!! What are you doing...

Leave me...

Who are you? Why are you.." They dragged her. Instead of being angry she was more curious about the new situations around her and decided to play it by ear. They lead her to a big office building with a large board 'Serpent Bureau'. It was crowded with soldiers similar to his dress. He sat on his chair on an elevated platform while she was presented on the ground. He caressed his double sword and pointed at her.

His subordinate questioned her, "Tell us, where is the list?"

"List?? What list??"

"Don't play the fool. If not why do you have the pendant?"

"Sir... Believe me. I am a lone traveler. I visited the night market and before leaving decided to buy a souvenir. I don't know why he suddenly gave me a pendant. I thought it was the custom of the night market."

"Custom!! Ridiculous!!"

"Sir... I am saying the truth. This is my first time visiting this place."

"Then where is the evidence?"

She looked at him for a while and advanced a little towards their leader though she was rudely stopped by others. They dragged her hands but she insisted on saying her words.

"Sir, I can help you find the shopkeeper. He will testify for me."

He looked at her and rose from his chair. He was still holding his sword and slowly released their grip on her.

"Just now you told us you are new here. Then how will you find him?"

"I am a traveler as well as a martial warrior. I have some known people in this circle and I can ask for their help. I will find him within a day. I promise. Please!!"

"Ok. I believe you.

He looked at the guards, remove her handcuff and let her go." He walked inside. The guards and she was equally startled at his announcement. After she left the bureau, his sub-general went to him,

"Lord, how can you believe her? She was suspicious."

He turned towards him and caught his hands hard. He tightened his grip and asked the other to try to loosen it.

"The girl just now had more power than me yet she was staying silent. "

"Huh?? More powerful than you? Then she is dangerous. Why did you ask her to leave?"

"Lock her? The bars at the serpent bureau won't be enough to hold her if she wants. From her look, I think was truly surprised. My hunch says, it's a misunderstanding."

"But lord?"

"I want to know her."