Chapter-46

He was standing before her holding a set of blankets, she moved aside her heart still beating rhythmically echoing Abhi's words. She closed the door, and looked at him while he was rolling out the blanket on the floor.

"Lord.. this?" She pointed at him,

"I am really sorry, to avoid suspicion we have to sleep in a room but I promise I won't disturb you."

She laughed at his innocence, " I believe in you lord."

"hmm, can I ask you something.." he was a little hesitating to ask,

"You tell me," She was curious about his hesitation.

"Since we know each other, can you.. can you not call me lord anymore. It makes me feel like I am a stranger. Just call me Yuvi."

"Yuvi??"

"Hmm, it will avoid suspicion."

"Am I that bad at acting? you are always afraid of suspicion."

"No.. No.. You are really good." that I am falling for you; he whispered.

They both were looking at each other as the situation was becoming more awkward. They were hesitating. They were thinking whether to sleep or simply continue to stare at each other. A couple yet strangers in a single room at night thinking of what to do next..

"Do you feel sleepy?" He thought of breaking the silence.

"Ah?? No...no"

"Then let's chat for a while."

"Ok" She thought it was the best solution given the situation.

"I know you are worried about Alok, but don't worry since I have promised you I will protect him."

"hmm, I believe you."

"By the way Apu.. She was surprised at his sudden way of addressing and the shock was evident in her face. Can I call you .. She smiled and nodded in agreement.

Apu, I want to ask you even though you believe me, won't it be bad if people know that we are married. I mean your future.."

"I don't intend to marry in future, so don't worry ( I have an army behind and a country to take care of) "

"It's getting late, let's sleep." After hearing this she suddenly leaped towards the mat and pointed towards the coat, " No.. No, please don't sleep on the ground. You can sleep in the bed." He said.

She thought in her mind, a prince that too cared from childhood with a soft heart won't be able to adapt the bare cold ground in a long run " You will be tired from your work whole day, don't worry about me, I am a dancer, due to this research I have travelled many places and am used to it, she closed her yes and covered herself with the blanket. He had only one way and that was to give up, she is really stubborn he thought and didn't give him a chance to argue. He turned off the light and tried to sleep but was in deep thoughts, I don't intend to marry in future, so don't worry; does that mean she is happy with me or she decided to be single for her whole life? Did she have a love before and was hurt and doesn't believe in love or marriage anymore?

He looked at her simply sleeping on the ground with a smile, whatever the reason, since God has given me a chance, I will cherish and will make you mine. He slowly closed his eyes.