Chapter-43

It's early in the morning, the sun slowly started painting the skies from red to light blue. The front courtyard was full of pigeons chirping and eagerly waiting for their master to feed them. Alok scattered their grains for them while she placed two benches in the shade and gestured them towards it. Abhik helped her in setting them.

"Now since we are in the same team, let me introduce myself formally. "I am Yuvraj, appointed here as court official and he is my brother Abhi, with me as assistant official. That is Charan, as inspector. We are here to investigate the Sayyonee arson incident. " He looked at her to know her response.

"Since you have introduced yourself, then now it's my turn. I am Apeksha, wife of Yuvraj, the newly appointed court official." That response was unexpected but most wished one for him. He literally wished it to be true in mind.

"Since then, I have a doubt; Yuvan went near her, This is our second meeting, why did you believe us?" He prayed for the best answer to clear his doubt.

"Instincts. I always believed in my instincts and followed it for my whole life. I hope it won't be wrong this time either.

"Never. I promise I won't disappoint you" 'for my whole life' he said with the rest in mind.

Without wasting any further they started to pack her necessaries and they set to the hotel. The cart was slow comparatively as if it was also enjoying the ride. When Charan asked the henchman to gear up, Yuvan blocked him.

"Sister in law, You are really beautiful."

"Ah!! she was perplexed by his sudden compliment."

"You can call me Apu. Sister in law sounds odd."

"Ok then, just like Alok I will call you di, Apu di." He looked at his brother for approval and Yuvan had no time to spare, he was busy staring. The journey was a little tiring by noon. She dripped in drowsiness and rested on his shoulder. They reached the hotel and he booked another room for them. For the night Yuvan spent it with her familiarizing with each other and planning a foolproof plan while Alok and Abhik were chatting. Abhik was gathering maximum information he could collect about his Apu di so that his brother could impress her. He wholeheartedly wanted her as his di. Charan was convinced but not satisfied. So he didn't drop his guard.

The next day three of them joined the court. They were welcomed with garlands and bouquets. They all got easily aquaintained with their fellow colleagues. One of them inquired,

"Lord your family?"

"My father is a teacher and mother a simple house wife. They live in capital. Abhi is my brother."

"Lord, are you single?"

"No, no, I am married. She will be here by evening ."