Chapter-55

Almost by evening, they returned to the mansion. His face was glowing as if he was injected with luciferin. He was whistling on his way and didn't even pay attention to Abhik and Charan who were waiting for him in the corridor. Since they were ignored, they followed him to his study.

"Bruddah, did my sister in law accept you?"

"No" he shook his head in an adorable way.

'If not then bruddah, why are you so happy?"

"She asked for my help."

"Lord, I am a little muddle headed. Please enlighten me."

"Charan, have you noticed, she is a girl with high self esteem. Today she asked for my help and it shows she no longer takes me as a stranger. Within one month she took me as a friend or to be specific, I gained her trust which was far more than I anticipated."

"Now tell me about the case" his face suddenly became serious as if his aura of a prince was restored within fraction of seconds.

"Lord, Charan knew his master too well and followed his change in attitude; We are waiting for your signature about revealing his corruption to the public."

"Do it but keep it low key. Spread it among the people so that we can investigate it openly without offending the officials to ease the mess among people."

"But bruddah, we can report it directly. Why make a mess?"

"Abhik, its as clear as water that the one behind this murder is cobra. For the time being we have to cover it up for them."

"Lord, then our next plan?"

"Follow the leads. Catch those mentioned names in the file and investigate further."

"Lord, so you are planning to follow the leads provided by cobras?"

"I know it sounds risky, but I chose to believe them."

The parade grounds of Hiranga was inhabited with young soldiers brimming in vigor but still it felt like it lost its soul. Jatin and Dhruva were taking a small break in their quarters.

"Dhruva, it's been one month since she left and I am missing the commander to the core.

Even though she had many undercovers before, some of which even lasted months, this is the first time I am feeling insecure. I am truly afraid. I could only say it's a gut feeling. My instincts are telling me, this time her return won't be simple."

"Jatin, you don't have to remind me. Ever since the commander left, I haven't had a good sleep. I am always afraid of receiving a black ribbon from Amai.

I just wonder whether she had a peaceful sleep ever since she shouldered her army?"

As they were talking, they heard a feeble sound of flapping of wings. A white pigeon with a red string tied to its leg flied over the window and rested near him.

TRIAL-END OF AN ERAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें