Chapter-68

Ashok went through the note again and again. Deva looked at him in amusement, "Ashok what are you looking at? Is it the first time you are receiving a note from the commander? You look like an amateur!"

"No, he sighed. Deva I am just confused."

"Confused?"

"I just wonder if our commander is one step ahead of Yuvan or the opposite?"

Deva had an induced smile, "Whoever it is; but the final step is from the serpents."

"Since you are here, help me with the list and the next plan."

"I have already listed it." Ashok hugged Deva in gratitude, "You are my real brother."

"Hey, Deva suddenly retired; isn't the plan already fixed? "

"I mean more dramatic..

By the way did the commander have any request?"

"No. commander told me that this set of killing, I mean the mode is totally under our control and she won't interfere. But she ordered one thing that is according to the list, we should categorize the candidates and pick them randomly."

"Deva, you mean 'Let fate play a little role'; That's so devious.. But, Deva I just don't get one thing."

"what??"

"If we kill someone from the list given to Yuvan, won't that be a little risky. He can't be taken lightly."

"I understand your doubts. But just follow the order. I am sure the commander will have a plan behind this."

The climate slowly changed. As they were about to stop for the day, the first rain drop marked its departure from heaven. Dashur hasn't been having rainfall for almost a month. Even though it was dark, they could still feel the fresh smell of the first rain striking the earth. When they reached the mansion, Abhik couldn't wait anymore. He rushed to the dining table and started to serve the food by himself. Yuvan looked around for her amidst the growling in his stomach. As the maids were arranging the dishes, he enquired; "Where is the lady?"

"Lord, lady is in the resting chamber."

He walked to the chamber. He didn't ask them whether she had dinner or not because deep in his heart, he was sure; she was waiting for him. She was sitting by leaning on the pillar. Her fingers were playing with the dripping rain drops falling from the roof. Cold wind was tangling her hair and spreading her scarf in the air. He went near, "let's eat."

She looked at him, her eyes rolling up. She smiled and tied her hair, "Did you finish?"

From her question, he deduced she had something else going on her mind. "What happened?"

"Let's go for a walk.."