Chapter 26

Title: The Spotlight Gym Battle

-Chapter Start-

''This will be a 3 vs 3 Pokemon Battle!'' The referee pointed towards Elesa.

''Gym Leader Elesa!''

The audience scream at the top of their lungs.

''ELESA!''

''I LOVE YOU QUEEN!''

''GIVE ME YOUR BABIES!'' 

''And Challenger Isaiah!''

The audience roared in boos, much more louder than the screams.

''YOU SUCK!''

''GO HOME LOSER!''

''ELESA WILL KICK YOUR ASS!''

''I have never heard any challenger booed this badly.'' Elesa thought.

''Man, he is really hated. He does a damn good job with keeping his composure.'' Cindy thought.

Both Elesa and Cindy were staring at Isaiah who was looking at the audience with a blank look.

''You know, this was a long time coming but why don't I feel nervous? It makes me feel....eccentric.'' Isaiah thought.

''Let the battle begin!''

''As Gym Leader. I'll choose my first Pokemon. Go Zebstrika.'' Elesa ordered and the zebra like Pokemon leaped forward on the field, flickering in electricity.

''Electric-Type? I got the answer!'' He threw in his first choice.

Being Krokorok.

Krokorok screeched, looking extremely excited.

''A Ground-Type. Excellent choice but don't underestimate me just because you have the type advantage.'' 

''Got it. Now Krokorok! Use Dig!'' 

Krokorok dig into the ground.

Zebstrika got into position.

''Keep your senses sharp Zebstrika and use Double Kick.''

Zebstrika waited until it heard something approaching from beneath at the last second and easily dodged it by leaping to the side with Krokorok out in the open mid-air., shocking Isaiah.

Krokorok was met with two kicks from Zebstrika, sending her back on the ground.

''Beautiful! Now use Flame Charge!''

''Get up Krokorok!''

Zebstrika stomped its feet repeatedly, picking up the pace before charging in with flames enveloping it.

Krokorok got up to get hit.

Zebstrika ran around the field and it was quite fast.

''Flame Charge is a Fire-Type damaging move that once hits an opponent, the user's Speed will increase by 1 stage.'' 

''Lets pull the curtains with this! Giga Impact!'' 

''Dig! Hurry!''

Krokorok reacted quickly, digging into the ground with Zebstrika merely missing her.

''You know what to do Zebstrika dear.'' 

''Strika....'' Zebstrika kept its guard up.

''Now!'' Isaiah yelled.