Chapter 189

Title: A Fiery Passion! Elite Four Flint!

-Chapter Start-

''You better not lose or else I'll fine you!'' Barry roared out with Lehua sweatdropping.

Isaiah and Flint were standing at their positions cracking their knuckles.

''I expect no less than what you've shown the last two battles.'' Flint ordered.

''Same to you.'' Isaiah said back.

Lehua was with Barry on the stands which nearby Paul happened to be around wanting to see this battle along with Volkner inside right by the entrance that Flint walked out of.

''The battle will now commence! Each trainer will be allowed to use six Pokemon and once all of one side's are unable to battle, the battle will end! No limit on substitution and you are only limited to one of whether Mega-Evolution, Z-Move or Dynamax in your case Challenger Isaiah. Trainers, ready?!''

''Ready!''

''Let the battle begin!''

Isaiah wanted to stay clear of Flint's Pokemon for now to test them.

''Charizard! You're up!'' Flint made his first choice.

It carried a Mega-Stone.

Isaiah took a deep breath and threw out his first choice.

Out came his large Rhyperior, a Pokemon he knows will force Flint to play it safe as Isaiah can see the nervousness by the sweat.

''I know Flint switches between a Steelix, Lopunny and a Driftblim, or perhaps something else he has in mind, likely to counter me.'' Isaiah thought.

Flint didn't waste no time and immediately activated his Key-Stone, igniting Charizard to Mega-Evolve.

Funny thing to mention, among all the Elite Four challenges, Gardenia was the only one who hasn't Mega-Evolved and Kyle's set ended up using one as their final Pokemon.

A Mega-Charizard Y.

No Charizard-X.

The Drought activated.

''I see, he wanted a Drought user and with Mega-Charizard, no chance he brought Ninetales or Torkoal, and no Houndoom with Mega-Evolution that could have Solar Power. I'm willing on betting Magmortar since it has been as much as importance as Infernape so three spots open for Rapidash, Arcanine or Flareon.'' Isaiah thought.

''Use Stone Edge!''

''Solar Beam!''

''Rock Slide on the Stone Edge.'' 

Rhyperior ripped the Stone Edge, putting them in all behind one another as a multi-layered shield against the Solar Beam that managed to hold back the attack.

''Can you continue though? Strong-Style Solar Beam!'' 

Charizard glowed much fiercely and fired off an even stronger Solar Beam right away.

''Protect!''

Rhyperior defended against the attack as Flint called out for another.

''No good okay Rhyperior! Return!'' Isaiah recalled Rhyperior not liking a spamming Charizard-Y Solar Beam where it works with compared to X.

''That's what he did to dad. Charizard can learn a lot of variety of attacks and being Mega-Y makes it so much harder especially trying to get in close, it did the same as Isaiah's Dragonite.'' Barry revealed.

''I didn't bring a whole team of Water-Types which is fine. Go Clawitzer!'' Isaiah chose his Water-Type.

''Won't make any differences! Solar Beam!''