Chapter 76

Title: Cooling Tensions

-Chapter Start-

Isaiah ordered his Pokemon to remain still as the Totem Ninetales made a cry towards the Shiny Vulpix who slowly got up, cooing happily as it jumped on Isaiah's lap and licked him before slowly making its way towards the rocky steps to reach its clan.

The two evolutions licked her happy.

''That's good. I can't believe there's a Totem Ninetales living up here.''

You may think to yourself, why doesn't Isaiah just catch the Totem Ninetales instead given its size and strength compared to their other kind?

They can't be captured.

A mysterious aura blessed by the Tapu's results in any Poke-Ball disabling upon contact even if it's knocked out.

The Totem Ninetales looked down, specifically on Isaiah.

''It's challenging you.'' 

Isaiah felt the intense stare at the cold became more furious.

Heatran was going to step in but Totem Ninetales turned its head away, not wanting to battle it.

''I suppose it's fair. Heatran is a Legendary Pokemon. It's asking to battle with Pokemon you raised to be at their current level than an all too powerful Pokemon. It's only ask for a fair fight.'' Acerola explained.

''I get it. Sorry Heatran.''

''Tran...'' Heatran was disappointed.

Isaiah had another idea as Darmanitan and Vanillish tensed.

He swap out Linoone for another Pokemon that is well suited against Aurora Veil.

The Totem Ninetales accepted the challenge as a raging blizzard engulfed everyone.

''Isaiah! Isaiah!''

''TRAN!'' 

It soon cleared, leaving only Acerola and Heatran who looked around to realize Isaiah, his Pokemon and the Totem Ninetales, the regular sized Ninetales and Shiny Vulpix were gone.

Acerola saw that Heatran was not happy.

''Wait Heatran! It's only a trial!'' 

Heatran wasn't convinced as it was worried for its trainer.

''I'm positive he's alright. Ninetales is only trying to test him, not hurt him. Please?'' 

It didn't work as Heatran began scattering like a roach around the mountain with Acerola giving chase.

-With Isaiah-

Isaiah held his face as Darmanitan and Vanillish were by his side, looking just as confused but continued forward.

It's part of the trial.

Isaiah couldn't see much through the raging cloud of snow surrounding the trio but instead split a path as they moved forward.

Isaiah held himself from the cold, wishing he had a Fire-Type.

Soon their path was interrupted when a massive iceberg was in their way.

Isaiah raised a brow as he kicked the iceberg.

That was when he heard something inside.

He made out a silhouette from within the iceberg became visible as glowing yellowish dots shined through the iceberg as it emerged.