Chapter 42

Title: An Ominous Return and Fueled Defeat

-Chapter Start-

''Please take a seat.'' Grimsley raised his hand calmly to the empty chair sounding very eager.

Isaiah crossed his arms, trying to suppress his annoyance in wanting to attack Grimsley.

The risk of being exposed forced him to comply and took a seat.

''To think you've been alive this whole time. Tobias never told me anything about you being alive.'' 

Isaiah bawled his fist, slamming the table over the mention of Tobias.

''I can't say I blame you for being angry. Tobias confessed what he did, every single thing and he expressed great remorse for how he was. He was as bad as Jane was.'' 

''I don't remember much after we left the house and before I ended up here in Alola. I am in the tiniest most about to jump over the table to kick your ass if you keep mentioning that name, okay?'' Isaiah threatened but didn't seem to faze Grimsley.

''Alright. How is it that you ended up in Alola after all this time? You disappeared 8 years ago and never to be seen again.''

''How about you? Did you get over your gambling addiction?'' Isaiah questioned.

Grimsley couldn't help but crack a genuine smile.

''That's what your mom usually says.'' 

Isaiah tensed at the mention of his mother.

''How is she?'' 

He was related to Grimsley by his mother's side.

Grimsley frowned, looking quite concerned.

''That I don't know and that includes your pops. The last time I ever seen them was their last words to please check up on your home from time to time to go on a journey to seek Cresselia, a Legendary Pokemon capable of wiping away nightmares.'' He explained.

Something didn't add up.

''Go check up? Did you ever?'' 

''No. It was the worst time of my life my obsession of gambling drove me away from reality.'' 

This pissed off Isaiah that he grabbed Grimsley's by the collar and forcibly pulled him over the table to glare at him menacingly.

A dreadful feeling of hypocrisy came over Isaiah, causing him to roughly shove back Grimsley to his chair.

''You really aren't the same innocent boy I once knew. You have a very short temper.''

''What do you want to talk to me about? My parents, I don't know where the hell they are. Anything about Tobias, I want him out of my life.''

''I just wanted to know how the cousin I thought has been dead for years been doing. How exactly you turned from that innocent little boy to the demon everyone here referred to you as? I only have been here for months and I barely realized of the ''demon'' everyone in Alola refers to you as?''

''Who do you think as how I ended up this way?'' 

''Tobias but I guess whatever he did to you kept that anger inside you like my addiction.'' He shrugged before drinking a glass of alcohol he had on the side.

''Every time he came across my mind, there is this feeling inside me that is like a campfire and like adding fuel to a flame, I get the urge to just throw up.'' 

''Sorry to hear all of that.''

''Whatever.'' 

''May I ask how did you end up in Alola in the first place?''