Chapter 53

Title: Uncertainty of Intentions

-Chapter Start-

''Hey...'' Isaiah awkwardly said to Cynthia who caught that Isaiah didn't seem like his constant attitude.

Like he has something to hide.

''Did something happen?''

''Uh...yeah Kyle ran into the forest because there were guys making fun of him. I'm just going to check up on him.'' This raised her interests.

Isaiah lied about Kyle running into the forest because he thinks Kyle just ran home.

''Kyle? If I recall, he is the same boy that battled Heatran alongside you, correct?'' She got a nod.

''Yeah I best be going.''

''Isaiah? Did something, again?'' She put a bit more ''force'' into her tone.

''What makes you say that?'' 

''You seem nervous.'' Cynthia leaned down, giving him a suspicious look.

''Well....'' She cut him by adding.

''You aren't the type to be concerned about others to go check on them after something like that happens unless you really became friends with Kyle?'' 

''Yeah...''

''Bullshit.'' Cynthia thought with blank eyes.

''I got to be going.'' Isaiah ran past her with Cynthia sighing.

''I'll be seeing you at the excavations?'' 

''Yeah! Sure!'' Isaiah disappeared into the forest.

Cynthia decided to visit Clay's home and he is expecting her since she is among the list of people going to be observing the Regi-related ruins.

She was knocking on the door for it to open a door to a beautiful looking woman with brown hair.

''So you must be Cynthia?'' 

''Yes and you're Honey's sister?'' Cynthia questioned.

''She has told me quite a lot, come sit.'' The woman persist.

Cynthia sat down as the woman, Kyle's mother took her spot.

She's from Galar and is the sister of Honey.

Cynthia is familiar with her sister because this particular person named Honey is the wife of Mustard who was once Galar's Champion and longest reign.

Someone who is capable of battling toe and toe with her alongside her husband despite not being a trainer at first.

Which that makes Kyle her nephew.

Before they can talk, Clay came running through the door.

''Hey! Where's Kyle?!'' 

''Kyle? Why? Did something happen again?'' 

''Something happened in town! I bet it was that boy!'' 

''Isaiah? He did tell me Kyle was being bullied and ran into the forest. I just saw him before coming here.'' Cynthia replied.

-With Isaiah-

Isaiah was heads deep in the forest planning on leaving by getting to the next city which in all honesty he could just fly there right away to save himself the trouble.

To be real, it would common sense to fly from Gym to Gym to save yourself the trouble and time of walking by foot and this isn't the game where you unlock city by city you first walk into every time.