Chapter 46

Title: Catching Frenzy

-Chapter Start-

(Isaiah's P.O.V)

I quietly sat through the presentation of how the Apricorn Balls are made as Kurt showed me.

He starts by removing the cord, puts the Apricorn in the heat for a while before hamming it to a much rounder shape and to test its durability and placing it in hot water then put it back.

Of course he showed me already done from the heat and with careful configuration, he turned it into an actual Poke-Ball and no painting every required for the interesting colorations that were formed upon welding.

The one he finished was the one that looked like a regular Poke-Ball except those yellow marks, the center someone reminding me of an thunderbolt.

''This is a Fast Ball, it is perfect for catching very fast Pokemon.'' Maizie explained the Fast Ball Kurt handed me.

''Good job Maizie. You can keep that one if you like Isaiah, Professor Cerise has told me you have a fascination for collecting items, especially Poke-Balls.''

''Thank you Kurt.'' I respectfully bowed.

''That demonstration I showed you I hope you memorize because I will give you a try to make the set all by yourself.'' Kurt stated, surprising me.

''What?! Grandpa?! But he's a noob! Besides, that could be a waste of Apricorn's! Each are extremely important!''

''I know but don't worry. I'll be by him in case a mistake has been made.'' Kurt let Maizie assure things will be alright.

Maizie pouted angrily towards me.

''I will do my best. I hope I don't mess up.'' 

''Any mess ups could lead to learning when to not mess up young man so don't sweat it.'' Kurt assured.

''Thanks, so where do I start?'' 

''How about picking one of each Apricorn balls and bring them here so we can get the lesson ready?'' Kurt gave me a quest.

''I'll help! Of course I know where each Apricorn around are.'' Maizie smugly stated.

''Take care of my granddaughter, who knows what Pokemon are out there? There have been cases of Beedrill's and Ursaring's hanging near a few of the trees. They let me pass but Maizie they haven't acknowledged.''

''And I will make them!'' 

-White Apricorn Tree-

''This is the White Apricorn Tree, where the white ones are made into the Fast Balls.'' Maizie explained as we were behind the house, looking at the White Apricorns.

I reached out for one but Maizie barked.

''No! Never ever picked ones that are not ripe enough yet or it could destroy the tree.'' My eyes twitched over this pest's barking.