004

Your mother impatiently tapped her foot against the hard floor. You should have reached home by now, so where were you?! Because she sure as hell can't remember allowing you to arrive home at such a time.

In the distance, her eyes caught sight of your figure, running desperately, hoping to reach the house before it was too late. She placed one hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow when you stopped right in front of her, hands on your knees as you tried to catch your breath.

"You better have a damn good reason as to why you're late?!?" She sneered, eyes tearing holes into your skull. You lifted your head slightly to look up to her, and started with your meek voice, "Mr. Sano had us do some extra training today, that's why all of us left the dojo pretty late.... "

You hoped she would buy your lie, not wanting to suffer the consequences, "Is that so??" She asked with a judgemental tone. You could only nod, afraid you might anger her.

"Fine, but make sure to call me when you're gonna be late. Or else, I won't be so forgiving... " A silent gasp of relief left your mouth as you walked in the house, unbeknownst to the sharp eyes your mother gave your figure.

The next day, you walking to the dojo from school, when you were suddenly greeted by Baji. He immediately waved at you and waited for you to reach him, "[male name]!! Wanna walk to the dojo together?!" He chirped, practically radiating happiness. A small smile made way to your lips as you nodded, which made him even happier.

"Say, you wanna play with us today?!" The ravenette questioned, turning towards you as you both started walking together.

"I don't know, Baji-kun..... Manjirō-kun doesn't seem to like me that much... " You looked down, finding the ground a lot more interesting as you admitted the embarrassing truth.

"Blegh!! God, I don't know what's wrong with him?! Everybody really likes you, you know?!? Don't let what he says get to you, I may be his friend but I don't understand his hatred towards you!!!" He huffed, annoyed as he realised that he couldn't play with you because Manjirō would throw a fit.

"It's okay, it's not like his words are that hurtful.... " You were lying when you said that. Despite knowing how to take care of yourself at a very young age and being mature for your age, you still wanted friends like any normal child. And what Manjirō says actually hurts a lot.

A lot more than any of his punches or kicks...

You and Baji had reached the dojo early, where Manjirō was waiting for him. Almost immediately, you excused yourself from Baji's side and went to sides to keep your little bag of clothes. He tried calling out to you but Manjirō had already pulled him away.

You felt sad that you couldn't play with them, but then again, you didn't want Baji-kun to strain his friendship with Manjirō just for you. You looked down as you closed the small locker and jumped at the sudden appearance of Shinichirō-san.

"Hey there, kiddo!! You feelin' okay??" He would always hang by the dojo before classes began, especially since Manjirō was known to be a troublemaker. You gave the older male a soft smile, "Yes, Sano-san.... I'm just fine!!"

However, the male pulled your cheeks, albeit not too hard, "It's Shinichirō-nii to you!!! S-H-I-N-I-C-H-I-R-Ō-N-I-I-S-A-N!!" He played around with your squishy cheeks, pulling and stretching them. A bright smile formed on his lips as he saw you trying to form words but failing miserably, "Stawph uit, ughay!! Shirighiro-wiizaa!!"

"Bwahahaha!! You're so damn cute, [male name]!!" He laughed boisterously as he finally stopped abusing your cheeks, "Man.... now see, that wasn't so hard, now was it?!?!" He finally stopped laughing and looked at you in fondness.