016

During the time that you were asleep, Shinichirō and his two friends talked to Osamu about your real identity. It wasn't until he started explaining, that they got an idea of the full picture.

"11 years ago, my brother married a divorcée, who happened to be [Name]'s mother... According to my brother, they both had studied together and after [Mother Name] filed a divorce against her ex-husband for domestic abuse, my brother was always the one to comfort her.."

The male kept his head hanging low as he continued his story, "One year after their marriage, they had [Brother Name], [Name]'s older brother... At first, everything was perfect for their family, but then [Name] was born..."

Osamu stopped to take a breath, before starting again, "[Mother Name] changed after her birth, hell she wanted to abort her the minute she found out that she was a girl, but my brother persisted. After her birth, that woman began fighting my brother, blaming him for forcing [Name] into her life..."

"According to her, she didn't want a useless daughter, and that was what pushed my brother into filing for a divorce, but his plan backfired when the court announced [Name] to be too young to be separated from her mother while ruling out [Mother Name]'s mental illnesses...."

He grit his teeth as he looked up to see the three teenagers, a horrified look on their faces, "We tried to get [Name] back from her, but that woman manipulated people into believing that she was the victim, and even forbid my brother or any of us from meeting [Name]... "

A tired look was present in his eyes as he leaned back on the wooden walls, "Do you get it now, Shinichirō-kun?! Why we must get [Name] away from that woman, it's because that mother is mentally unstable, so much so that she's abusing [Name] and is forcing her to dress up as a boy against her will!!"

Shinichirō looked at Osamu with a fiery look in his eyes, the same as both his other friends, "Osamu-san, we are willing to help you to the best of our abilities!!"

The three boys bowed their heads, "Please help [Name], that is all we want!!" The doctor nodded at the young leader's words, agreeing wholeheartedly. He had already made the mistake of making his brother let go of you, but he won't do it again.

He will do everything in his power to return you to your loving brother and father, even if it kills him, "You can count on me, Shinichirō-kun!!" That day, all four of them made a promise to protect you.

Not knowing that promises are meant to be broken...

When you woke up, you were felling a lot better than before. At your side were Wakasa and Keizo, both having passed out in exhaustion. You quietly slid out of the futon and tiptoed to get some water.

To your surprise, both Shinichirō-niisan and Uncle Osamu were awake, still conversing with each other. You looked down the stairs, at first trying not to make too much noise, but then a small creak in the wooden floor blew off your cover.

They both turned to look at you in surprise. Almost acting in synchrony, they rushed to you, one of them crouching in front of you, while the other bent down to place a hand on your head.

"[Name], you shouldn't have gotten out of bed!!" Shinichirō lightly scolded you, as Osamu just looked at you in sadness, "I-I'm fine, Shinichirō-niisan... I just needed some water.." You stated truthfully as the boy yet again scolded you, telling you that you should have just told Wakasa or Keizo, completely unaware that those two were sound asleep.

He then rushed up to strangle scold his gang members for neglecting you, while leaving you with Uncle Osamu. When he had left, the middle aged man ran his fingers through your hair, as a fond look replaced his worried gaze.

"Look at you, all grown up.. I remember when you were just a little baby..." The man started as he got up and sat you down, getting some water for you. When he passed you the glass, you practically inhaled the water, after an entire day without a single drop.

"Now you're so big that I'm starting to feel old.." He wistfully stated as your lips curved into a smile, "You're still young, Uncle..." He let out a laugh at your statement as he struggled to get the words to form in his mouth, worried as to how he was supposed to ask you about your mother.

"Uncle, is there something bothering you?" You questioned, your tone soft as always but a slight rasp was present due to your sore throat.

He stared at you in surprise before a smile broke out on his lips, "You're so smart, just like your father..." Upon hearing about your father, you flinched slightly.

How long had it been since you heard anything about your father?

He placed a hand on your hair and started patting your head, "[Name], can you please answer me honestly?" He pulled his phone out and turned on the recorder, "How does your mother treat you, [Name]?"

You faltered at his question, staying quiet for several minutes to the point where Osamu thinks you didn't hear him, "[Name]-" He's cut off by your voice, "She hits me when she thinks I've done something against her 'rules'... Sometimes, she just let's me go to my room, while sometimes she hits me to the point where I faint..." You stopped, your voice monotonous as you stare straight ahead.

Your gaze is empty as it starts to scare Osamu, "It all depends on her mood, or the kind of 'rule' I've broken.. A few days ago, she saw me with a female friend, and she forbad me from making any female friends, so she beat up until I was all bloody... Shinichirō-niisan found me and treated my injuries, but I think I had already fainted by that time to know what was going on..."

Your gaze didn't waver and neither did your cold voice, but a single tear slid down your cheek, "And yesterday, she threatened my only friend, the girl she saw me with... and because of her, I'm all alone now..." You hissed at the end.

You finally looked up at your Uncle, eyes shining in pure rage.

"I wish that mother would just die already!!"