111

To say that the woman was distraught after seeing you was an understatement. With her long [colour] hair that she usually kept neat and tidy, now a mess. Along with her cloudy [eye color] eyes that seemed to hold unfathomable amounts of rage. But it never showed up on her face.

She just stared at you and [Brother Name] with wide eyes and her mouth agape. When she finally closed her mouth, her eyes began to water when you walked closer and sat on the chair. Your brother standing next to you.

"[Brother Name]..." She croaked out, but the older boy paid it no mind and turned his attention to you, who was busy staring hardly at your mother, "I'm quite offended... Even now, you're only greeting one of us, how sad..." You sneered, somehow letting a sickening grin to form on your lips.

"Ah... Woe is I..." Dramatically placing one hand in your chest, you closed your eyes and turned you head to a different direction, "You... what more do you want from me?" That woman, your mother, said to you.

"Ah, nothing! Nothing, really! Just wanted to check up on you!" You cheered while giving her a sweet smile, "-by the way! How does my new dress look? Don't I look pretty?" You teased, watching her expressions turn from annoyance to pure rage.

"You fucking-" You tutted at her, peering at her through your eye lashes, "Ah, ah, ah! No cursing!! That's a bad thing to do, mother!! Especially in front of your young, sweet children! You wouldn't want them to learn how to curse, would you?"

She jarred her teeth, gnashing them together to create an unpleasant sound, but your grin was ever present, "Ya know? I moved in with big brother and dad! We're planning on going to the beach in a few days! Isn't that wonderful? A family trip, all four- oh, oops... three of us, together!!"

She tried to desperately wring her wrists, not caring if she was injuring the fragile skin covering her wrists. She just wanted to hurt you again.

"Oh, don't do that... You'll be the one in pain, not me..." You advised but when does she ever listen?

"I'll fucking kill you!! I'll kill you!!" A giggle almost left your lips but you quickly toned it down, "No offence, mother... But in your current state, even Doraemon is more intimidating than you..."

"Oh, right!! That reminds me! How's jail been treating you! I heard that your last trial finally put you on death row!" You leaned forward, chin placed on your palm while you grin softly, "-do you know when you'll finally kick the bucket?"

The one thing different about the death row in Japan, is that the offenders are never informed of the day of their execution, until the actual day. They'll spend years rotting in jail, not knowing which day will be their last.

"Of course you don't!! Silly me... Who knows, maybe you'll be hanged next year! Or maybe, next month? Or next week? Or perhaps... Tonight's meal will be your last?" With each moment you inched closer to the current date, [Mother Name] could feel her nerves spasming, the fear of death settling down in her spine.

By now, she was ready to skin you alive. But then, you glanced at the wrist watch on your brother's hand and turned to him, "Could you leave us alone for a bit, big bro?" He seemed hesitant, but complied nonetheless, telling you that you should come outside when you're done.

When you finally turned back to your mother, your grinning face was gone. A blank look replaced your grin and your jovial aura was replaced by something a lot more menacing.

"Let's talk... I don't have all day..." As much as she wanted to kill you before, she found herself quietly agreeing to whatever you said. As of right now, she didn't recognize you as the timid, fearful child she would beat up. You seemed terrifying... So very terrifying...

"Why did you do it?" You started and the woman looked at you in confusion, making you sigh in discontent, "I meant all this... Turning me into a boy, flaunting me every six months in front of your family... what was the reason?" You growled out and she swallowed a bit of her own saliva.

"I won't tell you jackshit..." She growled back, and you heaved a sigh, "I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice..."

Taking out your phone from your purse, you opened the gallery and opened up pictures of what seemed to be old documents, "These documents, do you remember them? I asked my friend, Mucho-san to scavenge for clues about you and your side of the family... Something about the Yakuza..." Her face paled but you didn't stop.

"They all contain information about a sale made from Amaji [Grandfather Name] to Fukumoto Hizo, a high ranking member of the Yakuza; Izanami-gumi..." [Mother Name]'s hands began to tremble as she heard the man's name. She knew it all too well.

"Do you know what the sale was about?" You pressed further, hoping she would answer you so you wouldn't have to say it yourself.

"Amaji [Grandfather Name]'s youngest daughter, at age 16... Amaji [Mother Name], was sold to Fukumoto Hizo..." She began to hysterically shriek, crying and sobbing, even begging someone to not hit her. The guards immediately rushed in and apprehended her, while you wordlessly got up and stared at her. She was thrashing around in the grip of the guards, crying and begging for someone to save her; for [Father Name] to help her and save her.

You were led outside the glass room, the last thing you saw was her being tranquilized.

Your eyes narrowed at the severe reaction she gave you, although you should have expected as much. No one knows what happened to your mother while she was married to Fukumoto Hizo, but you had a slight suspicion that her unhealthy obsession with turning you into a perfect son, had rooted from her first marriage.

But the important question was why your grandfather had the need to sell his own daughter to the Yakuza, because according to what you asked Mucho to search for you, the Amaji family did not have any sort of money problems.

As you met up with your brother who was standing outside, your face remained in the permanent frown that it was forming before, "You good, kid?" The older boy spoke, nudging you slightly with his elbow.

This action broke you out of your thoughts, making you smile at him, "Ah, yeah! I'm feeling pretty good!" He smiled at you, "That's good... I didn't expect you to show up here, not today at the very least..." He spoke while looking at the street name.

"Yeah..." You trailed off and focused on your thoughts again.

If they didn't have any money problems, then what was the need for him to sell your mother? And why not any of your aunts?

You did have another theory as to why he sold [Mother Name], but until you can find out your grandfather's whereabouts, that will just remain as a plausible theory.

If only you had known that this was just the start of going down the rabbit hole of pure madness... All due to the actions of Amaji [Grandfather Name]...