Christmas Special

2002

You let out another huff, letting fog cover the window of Shinichirō's shop as you raised your hand and drew a small stick man astronaut. Shinichirō, who was busy watching you from the side as he worked away, turned his head to look at you with a frown.

"[Name]... are you okay?" He asked as he took a cigarette from his pockets and placed the stick in his mouth, "Yeah, I'm good..." You lied, eyes still glued to the slowly fading astronaut.

'Is Mister Astronaut lonely? Should I draw him a friend? Maybe a pretty girlfriend with pretty hair...' You thought to yourself as you seemed to be lost in your own little world.

Shinichirō didn't budge with his stare, instead it only intensified. But you were too busy staring at the pretty white snow to notice.

"[Male Name]-chin!!!" Manjirō came running in the shop with a piece of paper clenched in his baby hands. He immediately glommed on you, knocking you out of your thoughts as you steadied yourself from falling, "Manjirō!! Don't jump at [Male Name] so suddenly!!" Shinichirō scolded as he tried to pry his brother off of you, but the latter only clung onto you tightly.

Draken was following close behind, stopping to greet the older male present, "Oh, hello Shinichirō-san!!" He bowed at him, making the black haired man grin softly, "Hey, Draken-kun!!"

After greeting the shop owner, Draken immediately turned to Manjirō with an annoyed glare, "Oi, bastard!! Let go of [Male Name]!!" But Mikey only shook his head and continued to snuggle up his face in the crook of your neck.

"[Male Name]-chin, look!! I won the raffle!! Now we can eat all the dorayaki we want this Christmas!!" He shoved the piece of paper in front of your face as you refocused your gaze to stare at it properly.

"Oi, I said get off of him!!" But Ken's orders were fell on deaf ears as Mikey continued to blabber on about how he was only going to share his dorayaki with you and only you, no one else.

"Bastard!!" Ken growled at stomped over to drag the boy off of you, making the shorter boy cry out, "[Male Name]-chin!! No!! Save me!!" He stretched an arm out to you as you looked at him in stoically.

Your lack of response made the three males present there, share a look of worry. Shinichirō immediately rushed over and placed a hand on your forehead to check your temperature as Ken had let go of Manjirō.

"Are you okay?! You're acting so off today!!" Shinichirō uttered, gently craddling you as you let a frown take over your lips, "Nii-san...." You started, making everyone around you listen in with attention.

"I won't be celebrating Christmas with you guys this year either..." Your words made your two friends freeze up as you stole a glance at Manjirō.

He was not happy.

"Why?!" The bleached blonde boy cried out, holding onto your hand tightly, "You never celebrate Christmas with us!! And you promised that you'd be with us this year!!"

Every year during Christmas, your mother would drag you to meet up with your aunts and showcase you like a piece of decoration. It annoyed you to be surrounded by so many annoying old hags, but you didn't have a choice.

"I know, I'm sorry Manjirō..." You muttered, hiding your face in Shinichirō's shirt as he pulled you closer. He was one of the only people who knew just how important it was for you to go along with your mother, so he didn't complain except for the occasional pout present on his lips.