048

"What do you have to say about your mother hitting you?!" Mitsuya yelled as everyone's eyes widened and they turned their attention to you. You stood there, eyes wide with fear flooding your body. You didn't know what to expect, everything was falling apart.

This was not how you imagined your friends finding out...

An angry growl left your lips as you shot Mitsuya a glare, "Stay out of my business, Takashi...." You warned the purple haired male, making his eyes widen in surprise.

"[Male Name]-chin... is it true?" Manjirō asked with a frown, Ken following behind him with worry on his face. You shook your head and tried to think of a proper lie, "No, they obviously misunderstood things..."

Baji got up from the ground and glared back at you, "We literally saw your mother bash your head on the wall and kick you on the ground!! How is that misunderstanding things?!" His words caused Kazutora to flinch, bringing back some bad memories for him.

You let out a sneer as your lies began unraveling, "Look... I told you stay out of my business!! What part of that do you not get?!" Mitsuya seemed to disagree with your statement as he shook his head and tried to walk up to you.

"We just want to help you!! I get that you're scared, but if we go to the police-" Before he could continue, you let out an angry growl, one that reminded them of an animal.

"You think the police can help me?! Don't make me laugh, Mitsuya... The police is with her!!" The said boy flinched at the usage of his last name as everyone was shocked with your sudden declaration.

'No... Uncle Osamu tried to help me... and that only resulted in his death...' You thought bitterly as you stared at your shoes.

'I won't let anyone else get hurt because of me... I won't be able to live with myself if they got hurt...' Fear flooded your body as bad thoughts starting coming in your head, making you angry.

"The last person who got involved with me... is now six feet under the ground... So I suggest you learn to mind your fucking business, all of you..." You hissed at them one more time before gathering [Pet Name] in your arms and climbing down the stairs.

The shock was too much, and they were all glued to their places. Mitsuya and Baji lowered their heads in shame, feeling guilty for not taking heed of Shinichirō's warnings, "Mikey... what should we do?"

Ken broke the silence as he turned to their leader, who was lost in his thoughts, "We should just... give [Male Name]-chin some space..." He ordered as everyone else agreed and began descending down the stairs, not a single word being exchanged among them.

They heard the echoes of your engine roaring throughout the area, but none of them found the courage to call to you. It was the first time they had seen you this angry, and to find out that you had been hurting this entire time.

They were just in too much shock to think straight...

You sat in Shinichirō's shop, watching him tinker away at a bike. You were too mentally drained after your fight with your friends that you just didn't bother working right now, "You good, kiddo?" Shinichirō's raspy voice echoed through your ears, making you turn your head to see him looking at you.

You shot him a tired smile and nodded your head, resting it against the backrest of the chair. He frowned slightly before placing his wrench back in his toolbox and turning to face you completely, "You had a fight with your friends, right?"

His words made your eyes widen at how he knew, "How'd you know?" He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. It was as if he felt the same pain as you, "Keisuke and Mitsuya-kun came to me yesterday... I guess that they saw your mother hitting you..." He got sadder when he said it out loud.

"They wanted me to help you... but I told them I couldn't... not when you've done so much to protect us, I can't throw your efforts away..." He confessed and you shot him a grateful smile, "I know... thank you for trying, Nii-san..."

He brought his hand up and placed it on your head, running his fingers through your hair, "I'm sorry that I'm so pathetically helpless, [Name]... I can't do a damn thing against your mother..." You heard his voice crack at the end, letting you know that he was about to cry.

You smiled softly at him and pulled his cheek, albeit gently, "I don't want you to do anything, Nii-san... I don't think I'll be able to live with myself if anything happened to you guys because of me... Uncle Osamu's death is a reminder to me that you guys should stay away..." Shinichirō closed his eyes and smiled, patting your head one more time before going to tinker with the bike again.

"I think you should be more grateful of the fact that your friends didn't peak on you, while you were doing something else..." His words made you tilt your head in confusion, "You mean like changing clothes?" He nodded his head as if he had something really smart.

"That way they would have found out about you being a girl!! And it would have been hella awkward!!" He joked but you felt like teasing him, "Wow, Shinichirō-niisan... didn't know you were such a pervert?"

The colour from Shinichirō's face drained as he looked back at you, "T-That's not what I-" You cut him off by letting out a fake shudder, "No wonder you got rejected 20 times... you're a creep..." He threw away his wrench and tried to explain himself to you, but you immediately got up.

"Didn't you say you enjoy the company of kids?" His eyes widened as he realised what you were about to say, "Are you perhaps... a pedophile?!" He started screaming and pulling his hair, shaking his head to tell you the truth.

"No, no!! You got it wrong, [Name]-chan!! I'm not a pedophile!!" You backed away with a teasingly disgusted face, "What's next, you're into animals too? I better keep [Pet Name] away from you..." You got your bag and began to rush out the shop, feeling refreshed after teasing your big brother.

"Hey!! I-I'm not like this!! Please listen to me!!" He cried out but you only ran away while laughing, "Don't come near me!! I'm gonna tell Takeomi-niisan to keep his siblings away from you too!!" You could hear him literally crying in the background, but you only laughed.

Knowing him, you'd probably make it up to him by buying him a chocolate or something. It was always easy to convince Shinichirō, especially since he was so gullible.

If only times like this could last longer...

Meanwhile, behind Shinichirō's shop stood a figure, glaring on the floor as he heard every single word of your conversation.

"Why... did you lie to us, [Male Name]-chin? Or should I say... [Name]?"