056

You stared at Takemichi awkwardly, not knowing what to say to someone who the future you shot for no apparent reason, "Hi... I'm [Last Name][Male Name], but you can call me [Male Name] if you want..."

Takemichi stared at your outstretched hand and immediately shook his hand with your with a slightly relieved smile.

'Oh thank God!! He's not crazy like Mikey-kun or Draken-kun!! He's a lot more polite and gentle...' Takemichi thought as he smiled kindly at you, making your guilt double.

'Ugh!! Why is he so nice?! Now he's making me feel worse for shooting him!!!' You yelled in your head and gave him a tight smile, making Draken turn to you in surprise.

"Let's go!!" Mikey tugged at your arm and pulled you and Takemichi over to the bicycles, making you hide behind Ken. The last thing you wanted was to sit with Manjirō after he crashed with you behind him last time.

Having no choice but to sit with Takemichi, Manjirō had an annoyed pout on his lips before you seated yourself behind Draken, "You good there?" The tall boy turned to ask you as you nodded with a smile.

While Takemichi and Mikey were having their own conversation, Ken started, "You seem tired... You sure you're okay?" You heaved a heavy sigh before nodding and closing your eyes, leaning back slightly to feel the breeze.

"I had to cut classes today, hopefully my mother won't find out..." You confessed, whispering the last sentence to yourself while the tall boy in front of you scoffed in amusement, "Must have been hard for a goody-two shoes like you to skip..."

You could only find yourself rolling your eyes at his words, "I told my teacher that I needed to go to the hospital, and she agreed!!" Ken raised an eyebrow at your statement, "You mean, lied... right?"

"Not really... I do need to visit the hospital for a small check-up.." At your confession, Ken's eyes widened and he almost stopped pedalling, "Are you okay?! Are you hurt or something?! Is it because of your mother?!" He whispered the last sentence as you shook your head in amusement.

"No, Ken... It's just a simple, monthly check-up..." Upon hearing your words, he eased down a bit but still kept on looking at you from the corner of his eye.

"Um, Mikey-kun..." Takemichi spoke to the boy seated behind him as the said boy hummed in response, "Why were you pleased with me?"

His words caused the short boy to look at him in boredom, "That's a stupid question..." Almost on reflex, Takemichi quickly replied, "I'm sorry..."

"Well, I have a brother 10 years older than me... He's in a coma right now..." Mikey huffed and turned to you, making you smile at him comfortingly.

Draken, who was watching the entire ordeal scoffed in annoyance, "You're way too soft on him..." You smiled shyly at him and patted his back, making the male in front of you roll his eyes playfully.

"He was a reckless guy, picking fights with people way stronger than him with a smile!!" Reminiscing the memories of Shinichirō always brought you a wave of melancholy. The older boy had given you such wonderful memories that you still found it hard to believe that he had fallen in a coma.

"He sounds like a cool guy, Mikey-kun!!" The yellow-haired boy exclaimed, imagining a cool, older version of Mikey fighting bad guys.

"Takemichi... I believe your just like him..." The said boy sputtered at the sudden statement, "What? I ain't as cool as him!!"

The short leader laughed at his words as he agreed with him, "It's true, he wasn't as lame as you are!!" Draken and you giggled behind the two of them, watching Takemichi whine at how mean Mikey was being.