069

You averted your gaze to the ground out of shame when you saw shopkeepers looking at you funny. Your face flushed with embarrassment as you let out a squeak the minute someone raised their eyebrows, judging you silently.

On your right arm, Emma clung onto it for dear life as she gave you a small tug everytime she saw something she liked.

And on your left arm, Ken had linked your arm with his, tugging at you everytime he wanted to go to a stall with some festival snacks.

Trailing behind you three, was Yuki. She seemed to be having the time of her life as she saw you struggling to keep up with both of them.

The three of you looked like a mess of limbs mainly you. Right behind you were Hina and Takemichi, seemingly on their own date. You didn't know how to set up Ken and Emma when they were clinging onto you for dear life.

"[Male Name]-kun!! Let's get that!!" Emma pointed to one of the food stalls as she tugged on your poor arm. You let an uncomfortable smile make way to your lips as you were about to comply when all of a sudden, Ken held you back.

"No way, you don't need to eat that... Oi, Emma!! You'll only get fat!!" He called as the uneasy atmosphere only increased, "Huh? Who asked you, baldy?" Emma sneered back, making Yuki in the back snicker at her words.

"Uh, guys...." You tried to call out, but the two were too busy fighting to listen. Behind you, Hina and Takemichi were having their own conversation while Yuki munched on some cotton candy that she had managed to buy while trailing behind you guys.

"You sure seem to be enjoying yourself, huh?" You questioned Yuki who turned to you with a smirk, "Well, it is fun to watch you struggle with your harem...." She stated as you rolled your eyes at her words, "Just shut up and eat your cotton candy!!" As you turned your back, the girl ended up laughing loudly.

"[Male Name]-kun, let's go further away!!" Emma suggested as Draken grumbled about how he would have his rematch. Looks like Emma was the winner in this round...

Waving to Takemichi and Hina, the three of you along with Yuki decided to walk up to the area with more stalls, but the two enemies were still making it hard for you to move.

You spent like, what? 20 more minutes until you started to see dark clouds casting over the sky. You and Ken shared a look as slowly, drops of rain starting falling down. The speed started to build up as it was starting to pour.

"Let's take shelter there!!" Yuki suggested as she pointed to a nearby shop, which unfortunately wasn't in the best condition so you and Ken decided to let the two girls wait here while you both arranged for umbrellas.

"Draken!" A familiar voice called out as you and Ken turned to its source. There stood Ryohei, with several men donning the uniform of Moebius. His glare seemed to be directed towards Ken mostly, but there were faint hints of malice for you as well.

"Peh... what are you doing here?" Ken asked as Yuki had pulled Emma back with her, leaving this kind of stuff to you and Ken.

"It's Draken hunting season!!" The boy yelled back as the braided haired boy's eyebrows furrowed, "I see... so you still haven't accepted the fact that Haruki is in jail..." You growled, an annoyed look replacing your precious expression.

"Shut up!! Just cause Pah was real fond of you doesn't mean I won't kill you... You're just as guilty as this bastard!!" Ryohei screamed as he pointed at Ken, making the latter take a protective stance in front of you, "Don't even think about laying a hand on our Coordinate..." Ken let out a low growl, alerting everyone in the area that they shouldn't mess with you if they didn't want to be hunted down by the tattooed boy.

"Draken, watch out!!"

Emma and Yuki's voice reverberated in your ears as you tilted your head slightly to see someone angling a bat at your friend's head.

Crack!

Ken's eyes were widened in shock. Emma and Yuki covered their mouths with their hands as you stood still, staring at the blood splattered on the ground.

Your blood.

"[Male Name]!!" Ken screamed with pure rage, the raw emotions making his voice crack. He immediately turned over to you as you slid down to your knees and glared at the ground in shock, "[Male Name], can you hear me?!" He had slight tears pooling in his eyes, but he refused to let anyone see them.

You grit your teeth and nodded, but that seemed to be a bad choice as you started seeing white spots in your vision. Your head was spinning and the building headache wasn't helping you either. There was a constant ring in your ear as you squinted your eyes to stop the world from spinning so fast in your eyes.

Yuki and Emma rushed over to help you as Ken slowly backed off, the mass of guilt growing as he realised that you took the hit for him.

You're hurt because of him...

After that, all he saw was red.

'I will... no-I need to kill them all!! I have to kill, I have to!!' Ken thought, your bloodied figure rushing through his memories which caused his sanity to slightly chip away. He could not let you get hurt...

As long as he could remember after meeting you, he always followed you around like a puppy. Whether it was something as simple as going to school or attending a gathering, he would only agree if he caught wind of you going there as well.

You were his greatest salvation in life...

How could he let you get hurt like this? Much less, getting hurt while protecting him?!

He didn't know when he had charged into battle. All he remembered was the feeling of warm blood coating his hands as he continued to grab the guy who had hit you, and bash his head into the wall until his skull almost cracked open.

Just when Ken was about to end his life, you managed to croak out, "Oi, dumbass... don't go... around killing people..."

His breathing hitched as he saw you slowly get back up on your feet and shoot him a smirk, "Let's... beat their asses... together..." He immediately let go of the person's head and rushed over to you.

"No, no, no!! You should sit down!! Please sit down!!" He begged, eyes widened in desperation as you shook your head, "I can still... fight!! You're underestimating me!!" He stared at you in shock as you turned to Emma and Yuki and threw your phone at them, "My phone... has the contacts of every division captain in Toman... let Keisuke know to bring everyone over here... the big brawl is today..."

It finally clicked in you as to why Ryohei would attack you guys today, of all days, when you flipped your phone open for the girls and saw the date.

'August 3rd... the day Ken gets stabbed...'