008

A soft yawn escaped your lips as you looked around, class was about to start. Students kept pouring in, trying to make it in before the teacher came. You looked over to the other end of the class to see Yuki chattering with two other girls. They were most probably talking about the sleepover all of them were gonna have tomorrow.

Sometimes you felt envious of the normal girls who could easily do whatever they wanted. You wanted to wear pretty clothes too, you wanted to grow your hair too, you wanted to have sleepovers and shopping trips with other girls too, but you couldn't.

You looked down back at your desk, sadness ruining your mood. The teacher walked in a few minutes later and went to her desk, clearing her throat to get everyone's attention, "Alright everybody!! Settle down, we have a new student today!!" Murmurs spread through the class, curious at who might be transferring schools.

The teacher shushed the students, "Please come in!!" She called them over, making the person walk in.

It was a boy, a bit taller than you, with short black hair. He wore the standard uniform and had big, yellow, lifeless eyes. He had a patch on his cheek and a few bandages on his face and arms. Standing in front of the class, the teacher wrote his name on the black board, Hanemiya Kazutora.

The teacher placed a hand on his shoulder and asked him to introduce himself, "Um, my name is Hanemiya Kazutora... I hope to get along with everyone...." He quietly spoke, looking down the entire time.

"Alright, Hanemiya-kun, you can sit next to Suzumi Naomi, Suzumi-chan, please raise your hand!!" The said girl, raised her hand, making the boy walk over and sit next to her in the empty desk.

You were right behind him, and when you looked at the back of his neck, you saw scars, making you realise that Hanemiya also was a victim of abuse like you.

The teacher then started the roll call, and afterwards, her lesson. But the entire time, your focus was on Hanemiya and his bruises.

During lunch time, Yuki got called by a few other classmates, who wanted to have lunch with her. At first she denied, not wanting to leave you alone, but you insisted that she should make some new friends. So while she left with the other girls, you went to get your snacks from the cafeteria.

Some kids often ate at the cafeteria, but for you and Yuki, it was way too crowded. Before leaving the class, you looked over to see Hanemiya tuned out from the world, staring hardly at his desk. He didn't seem to have a bento nor did he come to buy anything, so you decided to buy something for him.

Going back to your class, you walked over to his desk, which was in the same direction as yours, so he didn't bother looking up. It wasn't until you tapped his shoulder that you got his attention, "Hanemiya-kun?" You called out, making him look up at you.

You offered him a kind smile, making him freeze up, "You're not gonna eat anything, Hanemiya-kun??" His eyes widened before he looked back at his desk and shook his head, making you frown slightly.

"Here.." You pulled out a packet of chips and a bottle of Yakult, making him flinch, "You shouldn't skip lunch, it's bad for your health..." You advised in a soft voice.

You.... Who were you?! Why were you showing such kindness to a stranger?! And why did you have that smile?! The smile that not even his parents showed him!! He looked at the two snacks before shaking his head, "I-I... I'm sorry, I don't deserve this..." He whispered, barely audible.

A frown tugged on your lips as you placed the two things on his desk, "When someone gives you something, they already know that you're worth it.... You shouldn't weigh your own value based on someone else's words, because you don't even know how many people wake up, just to see your smile....." A gentle grin formed on your lips as you continued, "I may not know you that well, but even I can tell, that you're worth a lot more than you could ever imagine!! So please don't say that..."