049

You were just on your way to your next class, when you were suddenly approached by Yuki and Emma. Ever since you guys formed your gang, Emma and Yuki began hanging out together a lot more. They were practically best friends, and it made you happy to see your good friends getting along.

Emma wore her usual smile as she approached you, Yuki smiling at you two creepily from the back, "H-Hey!! Good morning, [Male Name]-kun..." You smiled softly at the younger girl as you replied to her, "Good morning, Emma-chan!!"

She smiled back shyly before dipping her head, "Um... Mikey told me he wanted to talk to you later in the afternoon..." You weren't surprised that he wanted to talk to you after yesterday. After all, you did leave quite pissed and without answering any of their questions. If you wanted to keep them safe, answering them was just one of the sacrifices you would have to make.

You nodded at her, before giving her a gentle smile, "I understand, thank you for letting me know, Emma-chan..." She blushed slightly and you swore you saw Yuki fuming in the background when you were about to leave.

"W-Wait!!" The sandy blonde girl called out to, stopping you dead in your tracks, "Huh? Is there something you need?" You smiled at her again and she swore she felt her heart stop when she saw you smile at her.

Why were you so beautiful?!

She silently gushed before gathering her courage to say the words she had been rehearsing with Yuki for the past two weeks, "[Male Name]-kun... I-I... I like..." Realising that she wasn't going to say it, Yuki jumped in and said it for her, "You!! She likes you-" The albino was cut off by Emma slapping her hands on her mouth.

"You-Your friend, Draken!!" Emma completed the sentence, making your eyes widen in surprise at the sudden declaration. Yuki pushed Emma's hands away and glared at her while the latter could only look at the floor and cry comically.

"Wait, really?!" You asked with a small smile and Yuki facepalmed, she knew where this was going, "Emma, that's amazing!! Ken's an amazing person, he'll treat you really well!!" You started imaging the two of them dating and squealed to yourself.

You felt like a proud mother, who's children were finally growing up!!

"Ahh, don't worry!! I'll help you win his heart!!" Emma could feel her own heart shattering at how excited you were, hoping you to at least be sad about it.

'How can I tell you that I want you, not that bald egg!!" Emma screamed in her head, but seeing you so happy made her wonder if she should break your spirits. Lately, you had been looking so lifeless, so tired.

But now, you seemed so energetic... Were your friends that important to you that you would disregard your own well-being just for their happiness?

Yuki looked at you and smiled softly, glad you were feeling a little better, even if it was for something that really didn't exist, which were Emma's feelings for Draken.

You started animatedly talking to Emma of all of Draken's likes and dislikes, telling her how he liked his curry and how he liked working out, so a dumbbell as a birthday gift for him would be nice.

'I wish I had a camera so I could forever stare at your smile, [Male Name]-kun...' Emma quietly thought as she smiled and nodded at all your 'information' ramblings.

You stood at the old dojo at where you used to train as a child. Mikey had asked you to meet up with him, and this is where he called you to. At first, you felt a bit uncomfortable, but you waved it off as nervousness for openly talking about your abuse.

A few minutes later, you caught sight of the mop of blonde hair that belonged to Manjirō. He walked over to you with a cold look, surprising you slightly as you tilted your head and let him walk over, "Why'd you call me here?" You asked him, your tone flat after what happened yesterday.