058

Just like you who was watching the fireworks, someone else casted their gazes to the beautiful display of bright lights. In one instance, Takemichi tried to grab his girlfriend's hand, but his romantic plan only backfired when he ended up holding onto the hand of her little brother, Naoto.

Who also happens to be the trigger for his time traveling...

2017

"Ugh..." A voice groaned as Naoto turned his attention to the corpse like body, "Takemichi!! You're back?!" The younger man joyously yelled while the older kept on blabbering, "Ah... The fireworks were so pretty.. and Hina looked gorgeous underneath the lights...."

"Hey, snap out of it!!" The grey eyed boy yelled in annoyance as Takemichi's attention turned to him, "You!! Why were you there?!"

"Huh?!"

After a while of explaining, Naoto looked at the older man in pure annoyance, "You grabbed my hand by accident?! You've got to take this more seriously!!"

Takemichi could honestly care less about what Naoto was lecturing him about, opting to daydream about his girlfriend or more specifically, past girlfriend.

"Oi, listen to me!!" The younger man shook Takemichi out of his thoughts as he finally turned to him, "Anyways... did you meet Sano or Kisaki?"

Upon hearing the former's name, the scruffy haired man sprung into action, "Oh right!! I managed to meet Mikey-kun!!"

"Huh? Who's Mikey?" Naoto had no idea what the older man was talking about, he rolled his eyes in annoyance at how vague Takemichi was being.

"Ah, Mikey's the nickname of Sano Manjirō..." He explained as he turned his full attention to Naoto, "Why didn't you kill Sano?!" The grey eyed boy raged, his eyes full of anger.

"Huh? Hear me out, Naoto!! Mikey-kun isn't a bad guy!! He's actually really nice!!"

"So you're trying to say the man who killed my sister is a nice person?!" Eyes filled with sorrow, Naoto looked down at his feet, tears pooling in his eyes, "If I could... I'd kill him myself..."

"Naoto-kun... Something must have happened that changed Mikey-kun... We need to meet up with him!!" Takemichi declared with pure determination swirling in his blue orbs, shocking Naoto slightly as the latter looked away, "How will you do that?"

Almost in a heartbeat, Takemichi recalled your kind smile, "[Male Name]-kun!!" His words surprised the other man as he looked at him in confusion, "Who?" Your name left a bitter taste in Naoto's mouth, it seemed eerily familiar.

"[Last Name][Male Name]!! He was a very close friend of Mikey-kun and also a high ranking member of Toman!!" The minute Naoto heard your last name, he narrowed his eyes, "Wait... is he related to [Last Name][Mother Name]?!"

Not knowing what to say, Takemichi hesitantly nodded, "I guess?" His words were the only confirmation Naoto needed to rush for his files. He remembered vividly that the son of [Last Name][Mother Name] was most definitely not someone named [Male Name].

Tugging out the right files, he reread them and smiled in triumph, "Yes!! [Last Name][Mother Name] did indeed have a son, but his name was [Brother Name]... however her daughter, whose name was [Name], also had an alias, called [Male Name]!!"

Takemichi looked at the files in shock as he looked at your smiling picture at the top left, "Why do you have their files? Also... [Male Name]-kun is a girl?! I mean, he did look feminine..." Takemichi trailed off as the man in front of him grimaced.

"[Last Name][Mother Name] was charged with first degree murder of Hiroto Osamu, gender based violence, child abuse and without consented use of puberty blockers. Her case caused a huge controversy back when she was arrested in 2006 because even a high ranking member of the police was involved in all of this!!"

His words sunk in Takemichi's head as the scruffy guy looked at him in horror, "Kawasaki Satoru, who was the superintendent of his area, also helped cover the murder of Hiroto Osamu and the various atrocious crimes [Mother Name] had committed against her own daughter...."

"How.... [Male Na-] no... [Name]-san had been going through all this and no one helped?!" Tears pooled in his eyes as Takemichi remembered your kind, smiling face. You were so nice to him, and it pained him to find out that you had not just suffered with seeing the future, but also by the hands of your wicked mother.

"Like I said, since a high ranking officer was involved, there was a cover-up and a huge uproar was caused when the news reached the public. Protests, riots... all across Japan, people stood against the police for hiding the abuse and sufferings of [Last Name][Name]..." Naoto spoke with frustration, even he felt disgusted with how low a mother stooped against her own daughter.

"It was all thanks to the note they found that was left by [Name], otherwise a monster like [Last Name][Mother Name] would still have been roaming freely..."

"Where is she now?" Takemichi asked as he handed the file back to Naoto, though not before having one last look of your childish face smiling softly, "Who?"

"Where is [Name]-san now?" He had promised himself that he would find you in the future, and he'd be damned if he breaks it. Naoto looked at the man in shock and raised up your case file once again, the very first page containing all your information.

"Takemichi... [Last Name][Name] had committed suicide eleven years ago..."