Valentine's Day Special

1997

You had a determined look on your face as you recalled the plan.

Operation Love: Make Shinichirō's confession to his crush, a success!!

Takeomi, Wakasa, Benkei and you shared those cheap walkie talkies as you all split up in order for more efficiency. Wakasa, who was more adept in winning the hearts of women, was helping Shinichirō practise his confession with maximum swiftness.

Takeomi was in charge of the dinner arrangements as Benkei and you picked up the custom bouquet of flowers. It consisted of an array of orchids, bringing a smile on your face just from their pretty colours.

The dinner was at about 6 o'clock.

You guys were walking back to the Sano household when your eyes suddenly landed on a chocolate shop. You blinked before reaching into your pockets and finding a few thousand yen left over.

You turned to Benkei and pointed to the shop, "Nii-san, you don't mind if I go there for a quick minute?" He blinked before smiling and ushering you over to the chocolate shop.

You came out of the shop with a total of 4 chocolate bars, each for one of your older brothers.

While walking back, you couldn't help but feel uncomfortable.

The feeling of anticipation pooled in the pit of your stomach as you walked hand in hand with your beloved Benkei-niisan. Seeing your jittery figure, Benkei squeezed your hand in comfort, offering you a kind grin.

"This is it, [Name]-chan!! This is the going to be the start of their cute love story!! So don't you worry!!" He gushed as you weakly smiled back, reaching over to the Sano residence to see Shinichirō all formally dressed up, courtesy of Wakasa.

"How do I look, [Name]-chan?!" Shinichirō walked over and smiled brightly at you.

Seeing him all dressed up for his date in which he will ask his crush to be his girlfriend, you couldn't help the tears that flooded your eyes.

"E-Eh!! [Name]-chan?!" Shinichirō yelled in worry as Benkei pushed the ravenette away and looked at you in worry, "Are you okay, [Name]?! Did Shinichirō say anything to you? Are you hungry? Tired?" He bombarded as you shook your head with tears streaming down your chubby cheeks.

Wakasa gently took the flowers from you as you wrapped your arms around Benkei and let him carry you up, "There, there... Don't cry, sweetie!!" The gentle giant cooed as your cries became louder.

"He looks all grown up!! It's like he's about to get married!!" You blabbered as Shinichirō and Wakasa looked flabbergasted. Benkei just continued to rock you like a baby.

"I'm not ready to watch him get married, Nii-san!! He's still young, I'm not ready to walk him down the aisle!!" Wakasa stifled his laughter as he realised that you were crying because you weren't ready to marry off your precious big brother.

"[Name]!! My baby!!" Shinichirō cried out as he pulled you away from Benkei and nuzzled his cheek against your own chubby ones. He smiled as you continued to sob, confusing Takeomi who had just come over to let them know that he was done with the reservations.

Now all you guys hoped, was that this girl would actually appreciate all their efforts and accept Shinichirō's confession.

-----

Your face was flushed red as embarrassment seeped through your systems.

Wakasa stood beside you as he covered your eyes with his larger hands, wishing he could cover his own eyes so that he wouldn't have to watch the revolting sight.