041

You were sure that by now, God hated you...

First you had to worry about Shinichirō-niisan's death, then deal with your annoying sorry-excuse-of-a-mother, and now this?

You were just minding your own business when you got a call from a frantic Shinichirō, who told you to rush to the orphanage. Immediately after you came over there, he informed you that Izana did not take the news well of him not being related to the Sanos.

You felt your eyes twitch in annoyance as you scavenged the area for his white head. You were usually a very patient person, but the day you deal with your mother, all that patience goes outside the window.

As of current, you wanted nothing more than to find Izana and get home to get some damn sleep. Suddenly, your eyes caught gaze of a mop of white behind a tree. Slowly walking up to him, you were careful with each step you took as to not give away your presence.

When you finally stood behind him, you saw dried tears that stuck to his dark skinned cheeks, forming a frown on your lips, "Izana-kun..." You softly called out to the older boy.

He immediately turned to you with wide eyes, slowly dissipating the annoyance you were previously feeling.

You smiled at him and he quickly got up, "Don't come near me!!" You stopped upon hearing his words, "Izana-kun... please calm down..."

He sneered in anger before glaring at you, "You... you knew that I was just an outsider to Shinichirō..." He growled as you hung your head, "-Yet you still didn't tell me!! Was it fun watching my ignorance?!"

You took a deep breath before walking forward, very slowly, "Izana..." You didn't use an honorific which made him realise that you were serious, "-We didn't want you to find out, because we knew it would be hard for you to accept it.... "

Carefully spreading your arms, you welcomed him, "Blood related or not... you are still family!!" You gave him a gentle which made his eyes widen with tears overflowing them. However, his eyes travelled to the scarf wrapped around your neck and his glare hardened again.

"That scarf... did Mikey give it you?" He questioned with a psychotic look, "I thought I said that you're mine... even if Shinichirō belongs to him, you are mine..." He walked closer to you and you began backing away, "Izana-kun?"

"No!! You're mine!!" You were pushed against a tree, the hard wood hurting your already bruised back, thanks to your mother.

"I won't let him steal you away from me!!" He began pulling the scarf away from you. The sense of comfort that you usually felt with it was starting to be ripped away from you.

You tried to desperately claw and get it back from Izana, but he was literally sitting on top of you, "No one but mine!! Do you get it?!" You arms were pinned by his other hand, his hips straddling your legs and preventing any movement.

Realising what was happening, you reeled your head back and slammed it against his forehead with all your might. The shock of the impact pushed him off of you and you scurried to get your scarf. That scarf was the most important thing to you, you couldn't bear to loose it.

He held onto his now bleeding forehead, raising his head in shock when he saw you focusing on that damn scarf more than him. You even dared hit him just for that scarf that Mikey gave you.

Words could not describe how much anger and betrayed he felt, but he kept his mouth shut. He saw you looking back at him in worry and fear.

Fear....

You feared him...

The thought was swirling in his head as you crawled to him while muttering apologies, "I-Izana!! I-I... I'm so sorry!! I'm so, so sorry!!" You cried but he pushed you away.

"If you're so scared of me, then stay away..." He got up and stuffed his hands in pockets, "... but..."

He started carefully while turning to your figure on the ground, "Let's see how much your precious Mikey cares for you... in the future..."

You could only watch his retreating figure with tears streaming down your face. You meaninglessly stretched your arm out to his back, hoping he'd return and you guys would be back to being friends.

"I've failed, Future Me..."