026

1997

You had no idea where Shinichirō was taking you, all you knew was that he wanted to introduce you to someone. And so here you were, sitting behind him on his precious bike as he rode to God-knows-where.

A few minutes later, an orphanage came into view. The children were playing outside, enjoying the warm Sun. He parked his bike a few meters away from the orphanage and helped you down. You gulped in anxiousness as soon as you caught sight of so many kids, even if you were friends with Manjirō and Keisuke, extremely energetic children still frightened you.

You nervously gripped onto the back of Shinichirō's shirt, a fearful look replacing your previously calmed expression. He smiled softly at your frightened state before placing a hand on your head and ruffling your hair. The sudden action made you pout as now you tried to fix your hair as to not look like an animal.

He walked in and immediately went to the backyard, making you follow closely behind him. Some kids watched you curiously but you hid your head in the fabric of Shinichirō's pants.

Finally, you were out of the terrifying gazes of the children and the fresh breeze seemed like a blessing, "Come here [Name], I wanna introduce you to someone..." He granbed your hand and lead you near a tree, "Once they're here, I'm gonna have to call you [Male Name], sorry..." He stated with an apologetic smile but you smiled kindly at him to reassure him that it was fine.

In the distance, you caught sight of two boys a bit older than you, rushing over with giant smiles, "Shinichirō!!" The boy with white hair and dark skin yelled excitedly, the one with the scar following closely behind him.

However, his smile fell when he saw you, an annoyed expression taking over his face, "Who are you?!" He seemed angry, almost offended at your figure standing so closely to his beloved brother.

"Izana, this is the boy I was telling you about!! [Male Name], meet Izana and Kakuchō!!" The white haired boy glared at you while the raven haired boy smiled shyly at you.

You smiled at them, a soft smile like always, "Hi... I'm [Last Name][Male Name], pleasure to meet you!!" You lifted your hand up for a handshake but Izana kept staring at it. Kakuchō seemed a bit embarrassed at his friend's action and shot you an apologetic look before you shyly tucked your hand back to your side.

Shinichirō looked at your interactions and frowned, he was sure that Izana would have liked you especially since you weren't a precocious brat like Manjirō. But it seemed that Izana was still too cold, maybe you'd get along with Kakuchō?

"Why are you with my Shinichirō?!" The said boy's eyes widened at the orchid eyed boy's harsh question. He was about to shush the albino for his words before you started, "Because he saved me so I think of him as an older brother!!" You exclaimed happily with a smile, which made Shinichirō smile unconsciously.

Izana, however, got angrier at your words. He didn't know you yet here you were, trying to steal the only person who ever cared for him. You seemed so happy, then why were you trying to steal his only happiness away from him?!

"He's not your older brother!! He's mine!!" The albino yelled with his friend trying to calm him down. Shinichirō was about to step in but then he saw how calm and collected you were and realised that he should let you deal with it.

"I never said he was my older brother..." You started which made all three of them falter, "-I said he saved me, and I am forever grateful to him... that's why I consider him as an older brother, I'm not claiming him..." You stated with your characteristic soft smile. Izana stared at you with wide eyes, trying to process your words.