112

Hii! Another update!! Today's fanart is brought to you by @RunaTheTuna so a round of applause pls!! I love how [Name] looks androgynous, like she should!! Also, her red hair looks so cool!!

-----

You returned home that day, sitting peacefully at the dining table while munching on some of your rice. It was dinner time and since it was a weekend, the three of you were all seated together. Small moments like this were always something to be treasured.

But your mind was busy elsewhere, and [Brother Name] noticed it, "Kid, you okay?" His voice was softer than usual, and you looked up from the wooden surface of the dining table, to the young adult seated across from you, "Yeah, just thinking about something..."

Your brother didn't know if you had told [Father Name] about visiting your mother today, and so he kept his mouth shut, in case you hadn't. But then, you turned to your father with a serious expression, "Hey, dad?" The said man hummed as he chewed on some rice.

"Do you know anything about [Mother Name]'s first marriage?" Both your father and your brother, choked on their food as you kept your nonchalant expression, "H-Huh? What's the with the sudden question, my dear?" The elder man huffed out, looking at you flabbergastedly.

You simply shrugged your shoulders and picked up a vegetable from one of your side dishes, "I visited her today... I wanted to know the reasons why she was so obsessed with turning me into a boy-" biting into the boiled carrot, you chewed for a bit before resuming, "-I mean... there must be a reason why she's so obsessed with big bro..."

Your brother clenched his chopsticks, almost breaking them but you didn't pay it much mind, "It's fine if you don't wanna talk about it..." Your father shook his head and turned his attention to his food.

"It's not like that... I just want you to let go of those awful memories... But if you want to know, then I'll tell you." You smiled at his agreement and he started, "Well, I don't know much about her first marriage... Your mother, Satoru, and I used to go to the same elementary, middle, and even the same high school, but only for the first year..."

He put down his chopsticks, but kept his eyes trained on the bowl of rice, "Your mother and I, we were dating each other for almost an entire year, and one day... she just didn't show up to school. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months... I tried to call her but it never reached her cell phone, me and Satoru even went to her house, but her family had moved out. We thought that maybe she had moved away and didn't tell us, so we shrugged it off and lived our lives normally..."

"Satoru grew up to join the police, while I began my career as a teacher... It wasn't until I got a call from Satoru, and he told me that he had found her, that I finally saw her again..."

"All I know about her first marriage is that her husband was very abusive, and she had had 3 abortions..." It finally dawned upon you as to why she never tried to have a son with her boyfriend, Kawasaki... It's because she most probably had lost her fertility...

By now, the three of you had long stopped eating, you and your brother were fully immersed in the story your father told.

"I consoled her for a bit, until we finally got married... Her first husband, was... I think, a member of the Yakuza...." This was all information you already knew! This didn't answer any of your questions.

"He did have some clean money, and thanks to the law, [Mother Name] inherited all of the clean money of his..."

"Wait... so, you're saying that Kawasaki Satoru might know what happened to her husband?" You asked, and your father looked at you in confusion, "I think so... But I don't understand how that corelates with her obsession..."