Chapter 8: Unexpected Guests

Lin Luoqing and Lin Fei were preparing to eat.

'What do you want to eat?" Lin Luoqing questioned Lin Fei while flipping through the menu. 

Lin Fei felt there was something wrong with him these two days. Why else would he take the time to pick him up from school and ask him what he wants to eat. Didn't Lin Luoqing always just ordered what he liked and never bothered with what Lin Fei enjoyed?

"Sweet and sour tenderloin?" Lin Luoqing offered. "You children all seem to like those dishes with a sweet and sour taste. Do you like it?"

Lin Fei nodded.

"What about Kung Pao Chicken?"

Lin Fei continued to nod. 

"Pumpkin pie?"

Lin Fei nodded again. 

Lin Luoqing closed the menu and looked at him with a smile, "Wow, Fei Fei, you're have such a sweet tooth. I didn't expect you to look so aloof yet still so sweet." 

Lin Fei: .....

Lin Fei silently shifted his gaze and looked out the window. 

Lin Luoqing smiled slightly and did not persist in his teasing. He called the waiter over and added a Shuizhu Beef and Mapo Tofu to the order.

Then he glanced at Lin Fei's small, pure face and rubbed his cheeks, "Lets go to the supermarket after."

"To do what?"

"Buy some things." Lin Luoqing replied, "The fridge is empty. Should we not buy some groceries to restock?"

Lin Fei had long since wanted to restock the fridge but he lacked the expenses. "Lin Luoqing" was also always out until late evening everyday and could not care less about whether there was still food in the fridge. As such, the fridge at home was simply decoration. 

He peered at Lin Luoqing and pondered, Lin Luoqing was acting strange these few days.

Was he sick?

Dying?

Was that why he suddenly became like this?

As Lin Fei came upon this train of thought, he worried to himself, although he did not like Lin Luoqing, Lin Luoqing was his legal guardian. What would happen to him if Lin Luoqing died?

His mother once told him, a child cannot grow up peacefully without a guardian to watch over and guide him. Therefore he had always stayed obediently by Lin Luoqing's side. It was not he did not want to leave but that he could not leave.

However, if Lin Luoqing died?

"Are you dying?" Lin Fei questioned. 

Lin Luoqing almost didn't spit out his sip of tea.

"Why do you ask that?"

"My mother passed away from her illness. You are her brother. Did you also contract the same illness? Also dying?"

"Everyone will die," Lin Luoqing says calmly, "But the time for death differs for each person. As of now, it should not yet be the time for me."

"Then when will you die?"

As long as you don't exact vengeance on me and Ji Leyu does not enforce me into a relationship with a dog, I can live up to 100 years old!

Lin Luoqing replied ambitiously, "Should be around 80 years later."

As Lin Fei hers such, he releases a sigh of relief. That's fine. It wasn't too soon.

Lin Fei relieved his doubts and did not bother with Lin Luoqing anymore. He quietly peers out the window.