Chapter 99: Ma Bozhong Leaves the Crew Incensed, Lin Luoqing Signs Shi Zheng

When Director Zhang saw Ma Bozhong's assistant outside his door, he was surprised, "Is there something wrong?"

"Teacher Ma wishes to invite you over for a moment," the assistant said.

Director Zhang nodded his head and was slightly puzzled. For him to come find him at this hour of the day, what was going on?

As he wondered though, he also realized that every time someone wanted to find him, they would come personally. Even the male and female lead Li Hanhai and Yao Momo were no exceptions. It was only Ma Bozhong who required Director Zhang to come to him.

Perhaps it was an arrogance that came from him being invited by the crew. Moreover, he was confident in his acting skills and was an old veteran.

As Director Zhang thought of this, a tiny discomfort emerged in his heart. However, he didn't say anything. Rather, he just took the room card key and left with the assistant.

Ma Bozhong was still watching the video at this time. He had already watched it five times now. The more he looked, the angrier he became.

He was after all, a professional in this field and more thorough than the netizens who could sum the artists up as the elder an artist is, the more experienced and better an actor or actress they were. Or that ordinary looking artists act better than the better-looking ones. Ma Bozhong knew better than that.

By the third time Ma Bozhong watched the video, he couldn't help but reluctantly admit in that video, Lin Luoqing had successfully suppressed him. 

That was also the source of why netizens would assert they were "unable to take my gaze off him." Ma Bozhong's age and experience was laid out there. Netizens would subconsciously assume that his acting skills were better and would think in the direction that Lin Luoqing was actually better than him. They could only resort to the statements of unable to take their gaze off of Lin Luoqing to describe the ineffable feelings derived from watching the video. 

But Ma Bozhong was different. How could he not see that his own acting had been too intense and flamboyant. In contrast, Lin Luoqing's confidence from beginning to end had been very evident.

It shouldn't be, Ma Bozhong thought to himself. How was it possible for him to make such an entry-level mistake?

It was only then that Ma Bozhong recalled how overconfident he had been with Lin Luoqing without his knowing at the time of. Lin Luoqing had run over to the monitor over and over again after each act before each retake, but he didn't place Lin Luoqing in his eyes at all. Even after Director Zhang had told him to watch his emotions and don't be too intense, Ma Bozhong still didn't bother with it. He had actually felt the director was purposefully going against him, criticizing him but not Lin Luoqing. As such, he was even dissatisfied. 

Now it seems like what the director said at that time was indeed true.

As he was thinking this, he heard a knock on the door. Ma Bozhong stood up, prepared to open the door when he saw Director Zhang, who he was just thinking about. 

Although he had realized that he had underestimated Lin Luoqing and Director Zhang, he didn't feel like there was anything wrong with him.

In the end, as long as that video hadn't been released, nothing would be of any concern.

Even after the production itself is released, this act was only five minutes long. Mixed in the drama of over 30 episodes long, no one would notice it. In the end, it was still the publicity team's problem for publicizing the video without telling anyone, resulting in what would have been an inconspicuous five-minute-long act become a leading topic.