Chapter 157: Meeting A "Stray Cat"

The young artists who were shooting with Zhou Chengxuan clearly weren't able to keep up with him. He said the wrong lines several times and Director Wang had to call "cut" many times to go over the scene with him before his condition clearly improved.

The scene was finally successfully shot with great difficulty before it was finally time for Lin Luoqing's scene with Zhou Chengxuan.

Lin Luoqing immediately hurried over to listen to Director's Wang's instructions for the scene. Director Wang watched as the boy listened obediently and recalled Director Zhang's praise for the boy. He then said with a smile, "Old Zhang said your acting skills aren't bad. It's time for me to take a look for myself.

"Alright," Lin Luoqing wasn't frightened by the prospect.

Although Director Wang said that, testing Lin Luoqing was never his true intent. After all, Lin Luoqing was still a young actor, and with his age, no matter how good his acting skills were, it would still inevitably have its limitations. For him to meet Zhou Chengxuan, an old veteran who would become strict with the turn of his face, it would only be natural for Lin Luoqing to mess up under Zhou Chengxuan's oppressive aura.

That was also where directors and assistant directors come into place. Otherwise, what need would there be for him?

As such, Director Wang had always been fairly tolerant of young actors. Everyone was once ignorant and unfamiliar with their field at one point in time, all the veterans were all young and new to their field at one time. As long as the boy was willing to work hard and had a good attitude, Director Wang was willing to work with him.

But as he thought of this, he remembered Qin Ruyun. Director Wang rubbed his temple and felt fatigue creeping up on him. Once he recalled tha there was another scene Qin Ruyun had to act in tonight, he felt even more weary. Had he known earlier that her acting skills were this abysmal, he would have replaced her long ago. Who would expected it to be abysmal to this degree? Clearly she didn't have much screen time to begin with but the amount of time it took for her to clear and act, or lack thereof was quite hard to expect.

If it still won't do, they'll just have to replace her.

Lin Luoqing saw Director Wang's brows furrow and asked, perplexed, "what wrong?"

Was he worried that his acting skills wouldn't be good enough?

"It's nothing," Director Wang comforted him, "it has nothing to do with you. Just thought of another act we have tonight and know it'll be a heck of a headache coming."

Lin Luoqing didn't understand.

Director Wang didn't explain any further. Instead, he started to go over the act with Lin Luoqing.

Afterwards, he had an assistant call Zhou Chengxuan over and walked them over their positioning.

The background had been changed and set up. Director Wang resumed his position behind the cameras and the shooting began.

The scene was actually quite simple. Fu Han was passing by his fathers office and opened the door to tell his father to remember to eat dinner earlier tonight.

After Fu Han's sacrifice, Fu Bin reminisced on these memories and recalled this scene again. The door was still the same door and the descending sunshine was still as gorgeous as always. But no one would ever come in and call out to him, "Dad, remember to come home early tonight. Mom made the braised pork belly you love the most tonight."

Lin Luoqing heard Director Zhang call "Action!" And stuck his hands into his pocket. He began to stroll forward and passed by Fu Bin's office. He had clearly already passed it when he doubled back and poked his head in and looked around curiously.