Chapter 146: "I'll Listen To You."

In the end, Ji Leyu still allowed Lin Fei to check his homework. 

He took out his booklet, as though presenting a treasure box to Lin Fei, "Here."

Lin Fei peered over it. It was rare for Ji Leyu to actually do his homework so seriously. His handwriting was no longer as crooked and messy as before, and even stood neatly in their grids.

"Not bad," he praised.

Ji Leyu immediately grinned. He hugged onto Lin Fei and even tilted back and for, "Of course. I'm a good boy."

Lin Fei looked at his smug little face and didn't say anything.

After Lin Luoqing was finished reiterating his meeting with Chen Ming to Ji Yuxiao, he took a look a the time and decided it was time for Lin Fei's bath.

He headed over to Lin Fei's room and saw that Ji Leyu was currently leaning against Lin Fei and reading a book with him. 

The moment Lin Luoqing saw him, he remembered when Lin Fei said to Chen Ming that it was alright for him to only have his uncle. He also remembered how Lin Fei's words were met with Chen Ming's criticisms and satire. 

He should've given Lin Fei an explanation for the original owner's actions. Even though Lin Fei doesn't care anymore, but an explanation was necessary for closure. It was necessary to allow Lin Fei to know that he loved him and has always loved him.

He wished for Lin Fei's world to be simple and beautiful. He also wished for Lin Fei to know and believe that he has always been loved. Although his uncle had done some horrendous things, but Lin Luoqing never wants Lin Fei to know that the original owner didn't love him. He wants Lin Fei to think he was a very good person and was well liked. 

He was still too young. He didn't have too much attachments for the world around him so Lin Fei wished for the world he lived in himself to be more beautiful.

He also wished that in the future, when he thinks of the unpleasant past, he'd have some source of comfort.

As he thought of this, he headed over. Ji Leyu turned around to look at him. He grinned and called out, "Daddy."

"En," Lin Luoqing patted his head, "Xiao Yu, your father is looking for you."

Ji Leyu was confused, "Huh? For what?"

"You'll know once you go."

"Oh," Ji Leyu nodded his head.

Lin Luoqing watched as he stood up to head outside. He hurriedly messaged Ji Yuxiao: [I had Xiao Yu come find you. Help me keep him occupied.]

Ji Yuxiao: ....His wife really...knew how to use people.

Sure enough, soon after, he saw Ji Leyu push open the door and run over to him with a giddy smile on his face, "Father, you wanted to see me?"

"En," Ji Yuxiao patted his head and began to "care" for his little nephew. 

Lin Luoqing sat down by Lin Fei's side and silently looked at him. As he was doing so, Lin Fei turned around and their gazes met, "You have something to say to me."

It was a statement and not an inquiry.

Lin Luoqing nodded his head.

Lin Fei placed the bookmark in the book before closing it and prepared to listen to Lin Luoqing's words.

Lin Luoqing gave a gentle cough before sounding Lin Fei out tentatively, "Fei Fei, do you still blame me? For those things I've done in the past."

Lin Fei shook his head. He said, "You've already apologized for it in the past."