Chapter 57: "Are You Jealous?" ...

The air stagnated. Ji Yuxiao stared at Father Lin, Chen Feng, and Lin Luojing who sat across from him and all had painful expressions as though they had stomach aches. He felt very refreshed.

Worthy of the lines he had remembered for so long. It really carried some lethality. Next time, it could be used on his Father.

He smiled slightly, "Why isn't anyone saying anything? are you guys all moved? There's no need. After all what Qinqing and I share is true love. I suppose we're both terminally ill  with it and there no saving us. If it's a crime, I'm willing to sit in prison for it.'

Father Lin: ... You might as well say you're willing to get the death penalty for it!

He hurriedly interrupted Ji Yuxiao and wasn't willing to hear those words that was giving him a migraine, "Yuxiao, you don't have to say anything anymore. I understand the feelings you have for Luoqing and as his Dad, I'm very touched. However, as you are now and no longer concerned with company matters, how would you be able to give Luoqing a good life? For Luoqing, you should treasure your career and don't be overwhelmed with anger."

"It's alright," Lin Luoqing hurriedly said, "It's fine just to lead a normal, and simple life. With the person you love, no matter how I live, it's filled with happiness. Dad, I understand now. Before, I was too materialistic and don't know how to treasure what I have. So now, all I want to do is live well and simple with Yuxiao."

He looked at Ji Yuxiao and then at Father Lin before saying sincerely, "Right now, I have you and Yuxiao. I have both familial affection and true love. I should learn to be satisfied."

Father Lin who doesn't want him to be satisfied: ...

What was this?!

Why did it seem like as though his son had changed since the marriage?

Was this what they said people mature once they marry?

Father Lin was temporarily rendered speechless and didn't know what to say. He had already said everything he could but Ji Yuxiao simply didn't care and Lin Luoqing felt it didn't matter. In contrast it seemed like he was the over eager one.

He turned to look at Chen Feng and motioned for her to say something. However, Chen Feng only returned a slightly look that told him not to be too impatient. 

Now that they were in Ji Yuxiao's presence, there was many words they couldn't say out loud. It was better to wait when Ji Yuxiao wasn't there and they could talk to Lin Luoqing privately.

As she thought of this, her thoughts came alive, "Alright. Alright. Let's not talk about this anymore. Luo Luo, it's rare for you to come home. Just stay overnight. I had your bedroom cleaned a few days ago so you would be able to have a good night's rest."

"I'm afraid hat won't be possible," Lin Luoqing refused, "I had already told the kids that we would be home early. We can't break our promise."

"Why not. Yuxiao can head home and let the kids know. Wouldn't that do?"

"That won't do. How does he know how to take care of the kids? If the two children argue and fight, then he'll have it rough."

Ji Yuxiao laughed, "En, Qingqing is right. Neither the children nor I can do without him."

Lin Luojing heard the two of them talk so harmoniously and the fire in his heart became more exuberant.

It was as though all his efforts were in vain and became someone else's dowry. Lin Luojing simply couldn't understand. How did it become like this?

How could Ji Yuxiao like Lin Luoqing? With his high and picky preferences, how could he favor someone like his cheap brother?

And Lin Luoqing too. Before the marriage, he clearly disdained the marriage. How was he able to so calmly accept everything now?

He was a cripple. Lin Luoqing had married a cripple. Wasn't he angry and spiteful?

His heart twisted and turned. Finally, when Lin Luoqing stood up to use the restroom Lin Luojing hurriedly followed after, "I need to wash my hands."

The restroom on the first floor of the Lin Manor had the design to segregate the areas that should be wet and dry. As such, Lin Luoqing and Lin Luojing's purpose didn't contradict each other and Lin Luojing could trail after him reasonably.

The two people stood in front of the sink. Lin Luojing turned the faucet on and while washing his hands, he laughed at Lin Luoqing, "You sure get along well with a handicap. I just knew the two of you were suitable for each other. How is it living with a cripple? Refreshing?"

Lin Luoqing didn't expect that Lin Luojing was so impatient to taunt him. He really didn't know how to be restrained. With just this, he simply couldn't compare to his Mother at all.

"Are you jealous?" he said lightly.

Lin Luojing laughed coldly, "Me? Jealous that you married a cripple? Don't forget, you were only able to marry him because I gave you that opportunity."

Lin Luoqing nodded, "I didn't forget which was why I thanked you for letting go. It's just that brother, if you weren't staring at my husband, I'd find your words more credible."

Lin Luojing: !!!

"From the moment you entered the door, your gaze never left him, right? Everyone has a heart for beauty and my husband is handsome. It's natural for you to be unable to move your gaze away. If just that no matter how much you appreciate it, you should know that he is my husband, right?"

"--After all, you were the one who pushed him onto me."

Lin Luojing heard him continuously rephrasing that and was incensed. He reached out and pulled on his collar. 

Lin Luoqing held his hand and laughed, "Why are you actually getting physical? With you being so agitated, am I supposed to think you're not only jealous but also filled with regret and hate?"

"I'm not!" Lin Luojing yelled panicked.

"That would be for the best. After all, as you have seen, he loves only me. There's only me in his eyes. If you still like him, you'd only be left with tears. There's no good ending out of it."