Chapter 147: "Is It Okay If I Call You Dad?..."

Lin Fei looked at him and listened obediently.

Lin Luoqing found himself quite speechless. But he still forced himself to talk with great difficulty. He said, "Everything I've told you is a lie. I want you to believe that this world is beautiful, everyone will love you, and the future will be filled with unknowns and joy. But how is that possible? You will meet bad people and others just like your grandpa. There will be people in this world who just doesn't like you. It has nothing to do with you. It just is and there's nothing we can do about it. There's also nothing to reason about or justify. That's how this world is. It's unreasonable."

Lin Fei nodded. He already knows this. He also didn't care whether the world around him loved him or not, was reasonable or not.

Lin Fei watched as he nodded his head and he felt sad inside.

He knows everything. He thought, he had gone through too much and just had to have this sort of character and personality. How was it possible for Lin Fei to believe that everyone loves him.

He had long since ceased to believe that this world was filled with only pearls and diamonds. There were also roses filled with thorns. But Lin Fei still silently listened to his earlier words without any signs of refutation.

That was Lin Fei's form of gentleness. He won't say anything. He proved his thoughts through actions. If anyone found out and wanted to be closer and express their love for him, he'd only be awkwardly happy. If no one knew or if others didn't like him, he wouldn't say anything. He wouldn't even blame anyone. He also wouldn't feel upset.

He was still young but had already pulled a shell over himself. 

If there was no one who would protect him, he'll protect himself.

That was why even the flowers and plants he liked were those like a cactus, plants that didn't need a lot of water and was able to survive in such harsh environments. 

He never wanted to rely on others and only wanted to grow up strong. 

Lin Luoqing felt himself getting more upset. He once again opened his mouth. His voice was both low and warm, "Your father also isn't a good person. He lied to your mother and only came to find you because he wasn't able to have any other kids. He wants you to fulfill his wish of having a child, but he's already married and even has his own family now. If you go back with him, you'd be put in a very awkward situation. But he doesn't care about that, so he doesn't really love you."

Lin Fei nodded his head. He doesn't care.

"I don't want you to think your father doesn't love you. After all, he is your biological father. That's why I said he actually loves you. He doesn't. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Lin Fei said gently, "I don't like him anyway. It doesn't matter to me whether or not he's a good person."

He said, "I know you did this for my own good. I don't blame you."

Lin Luoqing suddenly felt his throat constrict. He looked at the child's eyes. Lin Fei's eyes were clean without the slightest ripple. They were pure to the point he found himself lowering his head, "And there's also your uncle."

"Your uncle. He also never really like you..."

He found his words hard to convey and tears pooled in his eyes, 'he bullied you, yelled at you, hit you, and never even considered your feelings. He never thought about how you're only a child. What did you do wrong? How could he treat you like that? He never really liked you and wasn't a good person either."

Lin Fei didn't know why Lin Luoqing was talking about himself like that. But he did see that Lin Luoqing looked like he was about to cry and reached out with the intent to wipe his tears, "I don't blame you. I know that you like me."