Chapter 189: Lead Him On

"Talk to him. Lead him on. Don't reject him, but don't agree to his terms easily either," Ji Yuxiao responded.

"Alright," Zhao Cheng complied.

He turned around and relayed the same words to Huang Xin. Huang Xin was perplexed. Did that mean there was room for cooperation?

So they were still willing to partner with Ji Corps?

Just not willing to sign with Ji Mu?

But why?

He tentatively asked Zhao Cheng but Zhao Cheng only replied, "Don't worry about that. Just do as you're told."

Huang Xin didn't pursue the matter and did as Zhao Cheng told him to do so.

It was only after half a month later when Tan Jiaji had given up what he could give up and Aoyu had reaped what benefits they could sow from Tan Jiaji that Aoyu finally relented and reluctantly signed the contract with him.

Tan Jiaji was ecstatic. The very next day, he was heard in their meeting, "This week, I will speed up communication with Aoyu and strive to reach an agreement on terms with them."

With his words, Ji Mu's expression immediately changed.

Ji Zhengao burst into laughter, "Not bad, Jiaji. This was a client even our President Ji couldn't handle. You were actually able to sign with them. Promising youngster, indeed."

Tan Jiaji responded with a smile, "You flatter me."

"The way I see it, with your capabilities, simply being a manager in the sales department is really burying a talent. If this partnership with Aoyu goes successfully, I say it's time for a promotion for you."

The intentions behind his words couldn't be more obvious. Ji Mu and his father, Ji Zhenyang immediately retorted, "Why? Is Manager Tan not satisfied with his current position now?"

"I wouldn't say that. It's just natural for people to want to climb higher just as it is for water to flow to lower reserves. At that time, when President Ji discussed this with me, we did agree on the position of general manager, but at that time, I still had to prove my capabilities. Now that I have done that, it's only natural that I hope to be valued by the company." Tan Jiaji was dauntless and did not bother concealing his ambitions the least bit. "I don't think a promotion is too much to ask for."

He spoke with a righteous tone which in turn, forced Ji Zhenyang into speechlessness. 

At just the crucial moment, Ji Zhenhong stated, "Alright. Alright. The contract still hasn't been signed yet. We'll discuss this further when it's been settled. Xiao Tan, you have capabilities and have demonstrated dedication and commitment to the company. The company knows that and won't aggrieve you. Rest assured."

"Since Director Ji has already spoken, then I will naturally rest assured." Tan Jiaji smiled.

With that meeting, Ji Mu and Ji Zhenyang were left in a horrendous mood.

As they returned to Ji Mu's office, Ji Zhenyang couldn't help but started to throw things around in the room, "That third eldest never had good intentions. In front of so many people, with everyone still there, he really couldn't wait to take credit for Tan Jiaji. Isn't he just dissatisfied with you taking the position of CEO? Doesn't he just want Tan Jiaji to take over? In his dreams!"

Ji Mu's brows furrowed. Somehow, he just doesn't think this matter was as simple as it seemed.

Aoyu clearly knew he was sincere about wanting to partner with them. Before, they were already reaching a consensus. Why did they suddenly turn back on their words right before they were getting ready to sign? And now, they suddenly signed with Tan Jiaji? Were they playing with him?"