Chapter 88: Don't Waste It

Lin Luoqing kept watch and observed for a few more days. He made sure Lin Fei had accustomed himself to his new school before feeling assured and could renew his concentration wholeheartedly into filming again.

Ma Bozhong seemed to have developed an appreciation for him. Every time prior to an act together, he would have Lin Luoqing come find him and the two would go over the act together before the shoot. After filming, he would occasionally also give some pointers. Lin Luoqing noted them down seriously before giving his thanks.

Yao Momo was envious of this, "Teacher Ma wouldn't be so garrulous with me."

"Me too," Li Hanhai said.

Within the time together, the three of them had grown acquainted and close. The three of them would go over their acts together sometimes and chat while taking their breaks.

"It should be due to our mediocre skills," Yao Momo said, "Then again, if I was Teacher, I would prefer the better students too."

Li Hanhai didn't share her opinion. He felt Ma Bozhong simply displayed different skillsets with different people. With Lin Luoqing, he acted quite seriously. However, with Li Hanhai and Yao Momo, he was impatient and perfunctory as though he couldn't wait to get off work early.

Director Zhang also noticed this. He euphemistically discussed this with Ma Bozhong, "Xiao Yao and Xiao Li are still young. Their acting skills haven't garnered enough experience. Teacher Ma should put it to mind and please give them some more time. They're also improving."

Ma Bozhong said lightly, "En."

However, he was dismissive of Director Zhang's words. With Li Hanhai and Yao Momo's acting skills, if he were to give them time, he might as well keep the entire day's schedule empty to do so.

He acted to make money, not to make connections or do charity. There was no need for him to give Li Hanhai and Yao Momo time.

However, he then thought of Lin Luoqing. In this crew, only Lin Luoqing was a pleasant surprise.

"Go see if Xiao Lin is busy. If not, we'll go over our next act together," he said to his assistant.

Lin Luoqing and Li Hanhai were chatting when they saw Ma Bozhong's assistant heading over to call on Lin Luoqing and have him see Ma Bozhong.

Lin Luoqing didn't refuse. He simply said to Li Hanhai and Yao Momo, "Then the two of you can go over your acts together first. I'll head on over to Teacher Ma first."

Li Hanhai and Yao Momo naturally didn't have the audacity to fight for Lin Luoqing over Ma Bozhong. They said, "Alright."

It wasn't until Lin Luoqing had left that the two exchanged looks. Both understood each other's thoughts clearly.

"Teacher Ma would never send someone over to call for me like that," Li Hanhai said. Even though he played Ma Bozhong's son in the production.

"Same," Yao Momo said.

The two grinned at each other before sighing again.

Ma Bozhong's bias was evident before the two of them. Although it couldn't be said they were happy about it, they also couldn't be considered displeased either.

The other party was a senior. He didn't have any obligations to accommodate or guide their acting skills. Perhaps Lin Luoqing being kind in his guidance towards them caused them to believe they had been improving, that as long as they continued to persevere, then others would acknowledge them sooner or later. However, Ma Bozhong's actions was tantamount to pouring a bucket of cold water over their thoughts.