Chapter 175: President Ji's Second Present

After celebrating his birthday, Lin Luoqing had to return to work. 

"Tao Li Don't Speak"'s broadcast displayed good results and popularity, resulting in many magazines, variety shows, and commercial performances to all extend invitations to Lin Luoqing. Some previous productions that had already advertised the show also relayed their desire to re-advertise the show, but this time with Lin Luoqing present along with the two main characters. 

The producers sent Lin Luoqing birthday wishes the day before and even euphemistically relayed that a birthday present would be ready for him the next time they meet. 

How was it possible that Lin Luoqing didn't understand his allusion? He hurriedly responded: [I will participate in the activity the day after tomorrow afternoon.]

The producer was immediately relieved by his promise and praised Lin Luoqing a few more times before finally leaving Lin Luoqing a red packet. He came and left quite refreshingly, and Lin Luoqing was rendered speechless by him. 

Once popular, it was necessary to maintain such a popularity. Especially for shows that display good results, it was necessary to strike while the iron was still hot. Lin Luoqing understood all of this. It was just that he had been busy with other productions. Now that he was finished with them, he naturally could also work hard for himself and the show.

Hence, after Lin Luoqing helped apply the ointment on Ji Yuxiao's bruises, he started to pack his luggage again.

Ji Yuxiao watched him and asked, "Leaving again?"

"Just for two days. There's some work that needs to be done tomorrow and the day after. Both are at the same location, so I won't return in between. It's too bothersome to travel back and forth. I'll just finish everything all at once and return then."

When Ji Yuxiao heard it was only for two days, he felt relieved.

"Will you still have to leave after that?"

"I suspect so," Lin Luoqing responded sincerely, "The idol drama had good popularity and I naturally gained some benefits from it as well. There's been a lot of offers and promotional activities lately but fortunately, it's all intermittent. I won't have to leave for three months straight."

"That's good."

"But I have another audition on the 30th. If it's successful, I'll probably have to leave for filming again," Lin Luoqing said as he blinked guiltily. He looked especially obedient and adorable while doing so.

Ji Yuxiao: ... His wife was now busier than him!

Was this the price of getting famous?

It's too frightening!

"Are we now entering a stage at which we'll have more of a long-distance relationship than being together?" Ji Yuxiao asked sincerely.

Lin Luoqing was amused and laughed at his words. "Rest assured, I will balance everything well. Once my work becomes more stable, I'd be able to settle with just one or two productions a year. Everything would become more stable and relaxed then."

"Then wishing you a successful progress and get settled soon."

"I will work hard!" Lin Luoqing cheered for himself.

As he was saying that Ji Yuxiao's phone rang. He took it out and peered at the caller ID. Afterwards, he smiled at Lin Luoqing, "Guess who it is?"

Lin Luoqing was perplexed, "Who is it?"

"A courier."

Lin Luoqing: ???

He didn't order any deliveries though?