Chapter 54: "The Money You Got Back, Then...

Similar to Wei Junhe, Li Luoqing was also carefully analyzing Ji Yuxiao's physical results.

Lin Luoqing looked over the pages. The more he looked, the more he felt it was strange. That was strange. Besides Ji Yuxiao's leg injury, there was nothing else wrong with him physically. Every examination showed him as healthy. How was it possible that Ji Yuxiao would pass away within a year.

Lin Luoqing held his head and frowned. Did another accident occur?

It shouldn't be. His brother had passed away from an accident. If Ji Yuxiao got into another accident, isn't the rate of an accident occurring a little too high?

It was as though Ji Yuxiao was being taken care of by a god of accidents!

But what if it was a man-made accident?

Lin Luoqing desperately attempted to recall any and all contents related to Ji Yuxiao in the original story. Unfortunately, Ji Yuxiao was only a supporting role. his name mostly appeared as and in Ji Leyu's memories and speech. As such, any relevant information were lacking to the point of it being pitiful.

The book only said that a year after the accident, Ji Yuxiao passed away. Since then Ji Leyu fell into boundless darkness. However, how did Ji Yuxiao die, and just exactly when, the story never said a word of.

Lin Luoqing sighed and felt this matter was too complex.

Forget it. He could only take it one step at a time. He thought, thank goodness they had already done the physical. That ensured him that Ji Yuxiao was otherwise healthy as is. That was good news.

As for the rest, it wasn't anything he could control.

However, he had already married Ji Yuxiao. That had already changed the flow of events present in the original story. Wasn't there then the potential that Ji Yuxiao's fate would also change.

It should be?

It will be.

Lin Luoqing could help but fold his hands together and pray. Please heavens, give Ji Yuxiao a good ending.

Don't let him die within a year. 

The moment Ji Yuxiao was finished with his matters, he was greeted by this sight of Lin Luoqing praying.

He nonchalantly inquired, "What are you praying for?"

Lin Luoqing hurriedly dropped his hands. He covered it up by stating, "What else? Of course it's for the filming to be a success."

Ji Yuxiao didn't think there was anything wrong with the response and as such, didn't press the matter any further.

Lin Luoqing let out a sigh of relief and put the his and Ji Yuxiao's physical exam results in the drawer. He took up the drama's script again.

It was getting late and Ji Yuxiao was thinking it was time for him to take a shower and get ready for bed. 

He then thought of Wei Junhe's reminder. Ji Yuxiao's gaze then turned towards Lin Luoqing. He deliberated whether he should do something tonight.

Lin Luoqing was stared at by him and couldn't help but feel guilty. He asked doubtfully, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Ji Yuxiao stared at him, "I'm heading to take a shower."

Lin Luoqing nodded, "Alright."

"After, tonight, should we..."

He hadn't finished speaking when the door suddenly opened. Ji Leyu poked his tiny head in and with a expression filled with expectation, asked, "Can we continue sleeping with each other tonight?'